Alternate Ending 2

//in which Eijirou is in a coma instead of dying

1 YEAR LATER

BAKUGOU POV
Fuck fuck fuck.. this was all my fault. I couldn't protect him again so this is my own punishment. His parents want to pull the plug so bad, but I know my Eijirou is still in there. God a year without him has been so painful. Our friends have tried really hard to cheer me up, but my soulmate was laying unconscious there since last April after that hellacious battle. This was rough. If only I was quick enough..

"Eiji.. I know I say the same things a lot and maybe you can't actually hear me, but I miss you a lot. I miss the days we did nothing but watch movies and hold each other. I miss when we lived right next to each other in the dorms. I miss your smile that could light up the world. I.. I just miss you Eijirou.. You- your so damn strong.. and you're manly as hell.." I started to tear up.

"Please just.. know that I'll be here when you come back. Even if I'm not.. I'll be here before you know it okay? Eiji.. I love you.." I leaned down to kiss his forehead softly and let go of his hand.

I visited over and over, everyday after college, every night after work. Sometimes I would even draw flowers all over myself just to see them appear on him as well.

At the year and a half mark the machines started going off and it scared me so bad I panicked and screamed for a doctor, but there he was smiling weakly at me as he probably thought it was funny I was panicking. I stopped screaming and rushed over to the side of his hospital bed.

He was as gorgeous as he'd always been. His hair was fully black again, but that couldn't be helped. Fuck.. I was starting to lose my composure. I started crying in his lap as I held him so close. "Katsuki what happened? My head feels so fuzzy."

"You've been asleep for a long time Eijirou.."
"What.. I mean how long?"
"Almost two years.."
They both started tearing up.
"I- I'm sorry Suki.. I won't do that again.. I'm so sorry.."
"Don't be sorry.. this is probably the best birthday present I've ever gotten."
"Is it really already your birthday again?"
"Mmhm- I turned twenty today. Looks like my wish came true."
"Twenty.. so I'm nineteen now?"
"Mmhm- for a few months."
"I should call Mina.."
"No no! I mean I love the guys, but I really just want to get this settled so I can go home Suki."
"Oh..? I'm glad you said that, because I've been waiting to show you our new apartment for a year now." He teased.
"We- we're going to live together..?"
"Well yeah- someone's gotta take care of your reckless ass.."
"Same old Katsuki huh..? Well I'm sure this is a bit late, but I love you Suki.."
"I love you too Eijirou- God this year felt like an eternity. Don't leave me again. Promise..?"
"I do.. I won't Katsuki. I promise."

Although, it took about another year to get Eijirou back to normal completely, we did achieve our dreams of being heroes. Maybe I wasn't number one, but someone taught me that being number one wasn't everything, that it was more manlier to just help people and forget about my ego or complexes. Everything I ever needed was always in front of me and that's all I needed as I continued to grow up.

He was everything I needed. He made me want to be a better person and if that isn't love then I don't know what is.