Chapter 7: It's because I..

Bakugou and Kirishima were finally both up and dressed. Recovery girl left the crutches outside of Kirishima's door and although Bakugou offered to carry his soulmate, Kirishima declined. It wasn't his style to let others do everything for him. Things were going a bit slow, mainly because of the crutches, but all and all they made it to the diner Bakugou suggested.

"Okay Suki- What's your favorite thing to get here?" Kirishima smiled innocently. Bakugou felt like Kirishima was a thief for that one. "I like the pancakes here, but what the hell's up with 'Suki'?" He said very obviously blushing. "Well- you call me Eiji, so I thought Suki kind of fits." He shrugged. "Look Eiji- I know you don't know this yet, but I'm kinda known as a tough guy or you know I got a reputation to keep up. If you start calling me that our classmates are gonna think I'm whipped and have gotten soft 'cuz I like you."

Kirishima just rolled his eyes. "Fine fine- but I'm still gonna say it if it's just us two deal?" "Fine- it's a deal." The fact that Bakugou was a tough guy made sense. Kirishima admired those types. It was clear that Bakugou was perfect for him, thanks to the definition of the word soulmate. "Hey Suki- Why do you like me? I know we were kind of supposed to be together, but what if I did some bad stuff? Would you hate me?" Bakugou sighed and cupped Kirishima's cheeks. "Look Eijirou- I hate to say this, but you're stuck with me. Pr- probably forever stupid hair! So you better not think I'd leave you alone, because you've done bad things. We all have.. got it?!" He said leaning in closer. Kirishima closed his eyes and Bakugou was leaning in closer as well. They would've had their first real kiss just then if the waitress didn't interrupt.

Bakugou almost cursed the poor lady out, before Kirishima had to step in and apologize. Luckily, they just asked for another waitress and ordered their food. Kirishima was sipping on orange juice, while Bakugou had a cup of coffee. It was pretty early after all. The red head ordered the pancakes, with a side of bacon, and hash browns. The ash blonde ordered a tall stack of pancakes and made sure that they had hot sauce for his eggs.

"Suki ya gotta be more understanding- It's not like that lady knew we were about to you know.. lock lips." Bakugou rolled his eyes. "It's whatever, I didn't want to kiss you in this stupid diner anyway." He wasn't exactly lying, but he was fine with kissing Eijirou earlier. "Mmhm.. Sure- but I wouldn't have minded." The slightly shorter said as the food came up. Bakugou dowsed his eggs in hot sauce and Kirishima just gave him an odd look as he poured syrup on his pancakes. That was kind of weird.. but super manly.

"So Katsuki you promised to tell me about you, so I want to know everything okay?" Kirishima said excited but serious. "Yeah yeah- I know already, but be specific. I don't know where to start." Kirishima looked at his juice and shook his head. "Why'd you ignore me?" He said getting straight to the point. Bakugou was a little nervous now. He paid the bill first and helped Kirishima up, only to be sitting at a bench now straight across from where they met. "Look Eiji.. I don't even want to admit this, but I was rebellious. I didn't think I deserved anyone and I feel like the worst possible person on this damn Earth sometimes. It's not an excuse, but I didn't feel like I deserved to have someone put up with me."

Kirishima looked down as if he were about to cry. "That entire year I- I thought you hated me. You saw me once and thought, wow what a loser. It's all coming back to me slowly, but I think I changed myself, because of you. When I.. yes I saw you at UA the first day I knew who you were actually! I made up this new Eijirou Kirishima.. A manly persona of a guy that always smiled, had friends, and fell hopelessly for someone who probably wouldn't love him.." That was it. Kirishima had broken and all Bakugou could do was stare and grab his hand.

KIRISHIMA POV
Remembering was painful and it hit all of a sudden. I know who I am now. I'm me. I'm a tough guy, who cares way too much, but I'm also a coward. I needed to tell Bakugou the truth even though I know it was going to hurt both of us. The timing was bad, considering this was our first date, but it needed to be done. Falling was horrifying to say the least. Both interpretations are in all honesty.

NORMAL POV
"Eiji why do you even like me? That's the real question. I could go on about you easily. "Your smile lights up my whole world. You kept pushing me and you stayed around, despite me being so cold. You are the only person in this entirety of useless extras that became someone I wanted to share the spotlight with. If you can't understand what I'm saying and if you can't tell how much I care then let me put it simply. He leaned in with no interruptions this time and kissed his soulmate without hesitation. It was short and sweet, but all so perfect.

"I am absolutely in love with you Eijirou Kirishima."

//this is for my wifey Jayme you guys <3