Chapter 24: No Matter How Far Away

KIRISHIMA POV
It was time for me to redeem myself, not only as a hero, but as a man too. I walked out with Katsuki, Midoriya, Sero, Kami, Todoroki, And Tokoyami. We all agreed to split into groups of mainly six or seven after. Me, Kami, Katsuki, Sero, Mina and Jirou were one group. Alternatively, the second group was Midoriya, Momo, Iida, Uraraka, Todoroki, Tokoyami, and Tsuya. Everyone else was basically put on rescue duty. This was it. This is the last time we'd be working as a class. I was ready. "What are you grinning about Eiji?" Bakugou said noticing me smiling. "Mmm.. I'm just happy I get to be by your side as a hero." I said smiling more. He just smiled back at me. "This'll be the first of many Eiji. No doubt." My boyfriend said with a little smile. Katsuki was so sweet.

NORMAL POV
Bakugou and Kirishima walked hand in hand until their group reached where all chaos had seemed to ensue. They broke it off and just smiled before the two of them started fighting off minor villains at first. Bakugou was super confused for a minute. His soulmate had just ran off to the right, so why was he suddenly back from the left? "Eijirou what the hell are you doing, where supposed to be heading to the right." Bakugou said pointing. Something had seemed terribly off about the dark haired teen. "Ah Bakugou sorry! I totally got lost." The slightly shorter said smiling.

BAKUGOU POV
What the fuck was that?! Bakugou..? Eijirou hasn't called me that since before they got together. Something was very wrong. This was not his Eijirou. "Then come with me- Hey Eiji~? Do you remember that time we went to the hot springs and had and made out while all the other guys slept?" I said hoping my acting wasn't that bad. "Huh..? Oh yeah I do! That was crazy right?" What looked like my boyfriend was oddly getting closer. I was ready to fucking blow. "Hmm..? You do, because I fucking don't!" I yelled and hoped to god this wasn't really him. I held my fist by his head and let out a huge explosion.

"Bakugou what are doing?" What sounded like Eijirou said weakly. Fuck- this wasn't good for my heart at all. Just then a sort of mud came dripping off of him. "I knew it! You damn bitch!" I started throwing explosions left and right. I don't think what I did was the best thing, but I ended up putting two and two together. This now-girl was who I saw at the ski resort before Eiji disappeared. I wanted to end her right here for me and Eijirou, but I was going to be a hero, not a killer. I simply made sure she couldn't get up before I ran to the right and headed for my soulmate. I found him fighting the damn hand guy with Deku. As if on instinct I ran in. That probably wasn't the best idea I had either, because in an instant I saw Shigaraki's hand coming for me.

I felt like my life was flashing before my eyes.

NORMAL POV
"Katsuki! Watch out!" The former red head pushed the ash blonde out of the way and took a blow to his chest. Kirishima wasn't too badly hurt, but he was down along with Bakugou. Midoriya had seemed to be handling him pretty well. Bakugou got up and held his hand out for Kirishima to take. He grabbed it and got up. "New plan-" The slightly taller said sighing as he looked at how beat up both of them were. "We're gonna leave this asswipe to Deku." Kirishima nodded. "Then what are we gonna do?" The dark haired boy said confused. "We fight the smaller bastards then go all in. You good with that?" Bakugou said smiling triumphantly. "Sounds like a plan to me." Kirishima smiled sweetly. Bakugou had been waiting for that kind of smile for awhile now. "Then fight with me Red Riot!" The blonde said as both of them fought off some minor villains.

Everything was looking up for the heroes until All For One made an appearance. Midoriya had fought off Shigaraki, but was almost drained. This was bad. There was hardly anyone left around to be fair. The weak villains were down or fleeing the scene. All of the civilians were evacuated. A lot of pro heroes were starting to appear. It was about time. Bakugou and Kirishima were both really tired and beat up.

Katsuki took it upon himself to carry Eijirou to a spot to rest after overusing unbreakable. "Eiji.. I'll be back. I need to help Deku with All For One." Bakugou paused feeling a sickening feeling overtake him. "I can't move if I wanted to Suki. You know that.."  The former red head just smiled faintly and closed his eyes. "Just stay here please. Wait for me?" Bakugou said kissing his forehead before leaving. "I'll always be waiting." Kirishima whispered and waited for Bakugou to leave before he got up. He would've loved to give in and pass out, but Katsuki wasn't guaranteed to come back. He needed to protect him. It was all that was on his mind at that very moment.

Keep Katsuki alive at all cost,
make sure he graduates tomorrow,
propose after graduation tomorrow,
marry him like they promised so long ago.

//Hi hi!! We're nearing the end!! I love all of you for reading this far! Writing this fanfic really makes me happy and I feel a little less lonely doing this sort of thing so please please follow me as this will not be my last fanfic for Kiribaku I've already written the prologue and first chapter to the sequel book do not fret!! c:
I also wrote the next chapter and epilogue already once we get 200 views on this one and the last chapter I'll post the final chapter c: