Chapter 22: How Much Do You Love Me?

Kirishima looked at a newspaper left out and almost didn't believe the date. Had it seriously been two years? His chest started to hurt. The former red head pulled his hood over his face and was finally free to roam the city again. His first instinct was to find his soulmate, yet he provoked himself not to. If he betrayed the league, he would die and they wouldn't hesitate killing Bakugou, or at least that's what got drilled into his head.

Over the span of two years Eijirou got a little taller and muscular, nothing too extreme from before though. He missed this feeling of being free. He missed a lot of things. The first thing he did was steal a pen and write on his arm. 'I love you Suki. Sorry I lied.' Kirishima was referring to nearly two years ago when he wrote that he didn't have a boyfriend or soulmate.

BAKUGOU POV
'I love you Suki. Sorry I lied.' Appeared on my arm in the middle of my last training exam. Fuck it was hard to throw punches and focus after that. My Eijirou has wrote back after two years of nothing and I was stuck fighting fucking half and half! "God damn it icy hot! I'm gonna blow your ass into the sun!" I yelled using my special move and blasting him far. It wasn't enough. I needed to dodge his ice structures. The fire was another story. The message on my arm was disappearing a little. "Let's end this!" I said blowing through the ice structures, exhausted honestly. I yelled out and we both threw a punch at each other. I barely dodged and slapped him across the arena, before collapsing. I read what was on my arm over and over again before letting myself pass out.
I woke up a few minutes later to Denki and Mina helping me up. "Damn bro! That was insanely close!" Dunce face said. "Mmhm-Yeah yeah but listen I got a message from Eijirou in the middle of our fight." Mina almost started tearing up. "You're serious?!" She hugged  me and Kaminari joined in too. "Bakugou.. I'm happy for you man." I allowed them to stay like that, because honestly since Eijirou disappeared I was attention starved, but like hell I'd ever admit that. "Yeah.. so now I have to find him or save him if that's the case."

NORMAL POV
Bakugou took a pen and wrote 'Ei where are you? I want to see you.' Kirishima saw it and sighed. They could not meet. The dark haired teen struggled to come up with an answer. He didn't want his Katsuki to see him so messed up. If Bakugou saw him he'd be disappointed. He was bruised and scarred permanently. 'I can't let you Suki. I'm sorry.' Bakugou was exhausted but started running into the city. He wrote 'I'll find you.' and for no reason other then he had a feeling Kirishima would be there did he keep running.

The ash blonde must've passed a thousand people. He felt like passing out. He didn't care at all though. He desperately wanted to see Eijirou. His heart ached and yearned for his boyfriend. He grabbed his chest and had finally stopped in front of the park they met at and sure enough there was someone sitting on the swings. He couldn't make out the face, but on instinct Katsuki ran toward the figure and collapsed on him. He burst into tears and held onto him tight. "Where the fuck were you idiot?!"

It was Eijirou, but was it Katsuki's Eijirou? The former red head only covered his face and watched his soulmate cry until he was suddenly doing the same. "Katsuki.. you have to leave me! I don't want you to see me! I- I'm not me.." Kirishima said struggling to get away at first. "What the hell are you saying? You're Kirishima Eijirou." Bakugou said forcing the hood off his head. "Shit.." he whispered.

KIRISHIMA POV
I knew I looked disgusting. This is what I  dreaded. Bakugou was going to hate me forever. I tried to hold my arms in front of my face, but I ended up crying into his embrace. "Who did it..?" the ash blonde asked as he held me. I stayed silent and he eventually just sighed and picked me up. I didn't notice till now, but he was definitely taller and more built then when we were freshmen. "Katsuki.. I can't tell you.. I'm not supposed to be here with you." Bakugou just scoffed and put me down when we were away from people. "You idiot- I was made to be with you." He said holding out the necklace that said Red Riot on it.

"The league did this shit to you didn't they?"  Bakugou said clenching his fist. "I'll fucking kill them all.." he whispered. I just shook my head. "Katsuki please don't! The truth is.. that night they were aiming to kidnap you, but I made a deal.." I smiled maybe a bit too wide. "If I traded places then they wouldn't harm you, but in turn, if I betray them they'll hunt both of us down."

NORMAL POV
The dark haired teen was smiling almost insanely. "Katsuki I really love you, but.. I can't be a hero anymore. I can't be who I would've been back then. I've done.." he started to tear up again. "I've done a lot of bad things locked up." He started laughing suddenly through his sobs. "In truth I don't hardly know who I am anymore. I just want to keep you alive. If you're alive I can be happy Suki.. I'd do it all again if that means I get to see you graduate and become a hero." He smiled genuinely and stopped crying. "But Eiji- I.." Bakugou started, but was interrupted by his soulmate's lips colliding with his.

"Shh.. Katsuki." Eijirou whispered. "I can't go back to who I was before. How much do you love me..?"