Prologue: A Promise?

Bakugou was an outgoing, energetic preteen. He learned about soulmates early on and just didn't care too much about them. He was too busy dreaming about being a hero.This was about where he branched off from that charismatic attitude though. He had just turned thirteen and god had he made his parents and teachers' life's a living hell.

All throughout middle school the fiery ash blonde had been causing trouble. One day his mother just lost it and essentially punched the life out of him for various things all built up.
That's when the ash blonde declared he was running away. He took a pen out of his backpack and wrote on his arm. 'I don't know if you exist, but please come meet me.'

Further out in town lived a dark haired boy by the name of Eijirou Kirishima. He wasn't outgoing and didn't stand out much. Well that's how he would describe himself. He hated being helpless. He got picked on constantly and only had one friend throughout middle school. The dark haired boy almost jumped out of his seat when he saw the words suddenly appear on his arm. He knew about soulmates but had blatantly believed he was going to be alone forever, but there it was, a message from his very own. He picked up the pen and wrote: 'I'm here. What's wrong?' on the palm of his hand. All he got was an address written back on his other palm.

The dark haired teen felt off. He felt like he needed to leave immediately. He essentially ran to the park his supposed soulmate was at and fell busting his lip in the process. Kirishima didn't care though, he needed to be there. When he finally was no one was in view. He sat down on the swings and started tearing up. Whoever his soulmate is was hurt and he could feel it.

Bakugou sat at a park bench and watched as a dark haired boy probably his own age was sitting down on the swings with a busted lip. "That must be them-" he thought. Bakugou was a little shaken that his soulmate wasn't a girl, but it seemed like he didn't truly care. He needed someone. He slowly got up and walked towards the swing next to the dark haired teen. "So you must be my soulmate right?" Katsuki went on. Kirishima just nodded drying away his own tears, not daring to look at the other yet. He didn't want to meet him like this. "Y- yeah.. I guess so.. What's wrong anyways? I ran here for you." He smiled a little to himself. He had never actually had someone he would want to do stuff like that for.

The slightly taller of the two looked at the dark haired boy and shook his head. "A lot of things. I'm surprised you came at all. Most people have just been avoiding me lately." He whispered. "So.. I had no one else." Katsuki said shamefully. "I hate being so fucking weak-" he said sighing. "I know how you feel.." Kirishima said avoiding the others gaze. He was a bit scared still. "I would've still came- You don't know me yet, but I want you to." Eijirou smiled a little when his phone went off. It was his mother yelling for him to come home.
The slightly shorter sighed heavily and stood up. "I have to go, but I promise we'll meet again." He smiled sadly as Katsuki just nodded. "Hey I'm Katsuki Bakugou-!" He yelled out as Kirishima just waved. He didn't realize it then, but he forgot to give him his name.
Over the next year or so Kirishima would write anything and everything to Bakugou, but never got another answer. He went to the same park everyday until high school, but never saw Bakugou there again. He never felt the pain from Bakugou being distraught again either. He was scared something bad had happened to his soulmate, but he wouldn't answer so he didn't know.

Time Skip

Kirishima was fifteen and he had made it into the prestigious UA High School. He wanted to change. He needed to change. Whoever he was now was not who he wanted to be. He wasn't manly at all. After passing his entrance exam he ran to a store and bought red hair dye for many reasons. It was his favorite hero's hair color and although it was brief it was the color of the boy he met almost exactly a year ago's eye color. It was his favorite color.

Bakugou had it rough the next year. He was forbidden to do a lot of things, because of his behavior. The one thing he didn't do was give up on wanting to be a hero. He got into UA as well almost flawlessly. Yes everyday he would look on his arm to see the messages that Kirishima left him. The blonde honestly didn't think he was worthy to have a soulmate and just brushed off seeing him once as good enough, even though it kind of hurt. Although that would all change in the next week.

(To be continued hhh)