23. three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead

title quote by: benjamin franklin

-------

The others were silent when Taehyung revealed the vision he'd had, spread out around their hotel room before they started their day. Seokjin's lips were pursed in thought as he paced around the room and the other two alphas sat silently. "There's nothing else?" The Beta asked, and Taehyung shook his head.

"That's it. I was awake so it was a bit clearer, but other than Solar nothing else really jumped out at me. The wolves on the ground weren't moving and I couldn't hear what was going on." He had draped an arm over Jungkook's shoulders but he let it drop to rub a comforting hand down his arm. "It didn't last very long."

The beta rubbed at his temples and they watched as he stopped and stared at the floor.

"Jin?" Jungkook asked hesitantly when he didn't speak for a moment.

He didn't respond immediately but when he looked back up he gave their Alpha a hard look. "You know we need to talk to Dragon."

The omega frowned at the unfamiliar name and glanced over at Taehyung to see him grimace. "Dragon?"

Hoseok spoke up then and all eyes turned to him when he let out a dry laugh. "Big shot wolf in the city. He's the one who hosts the Convergence- his pack has been integrated with humans for decades. You've probably never seen him, he usually sends his Beta to any official business." That meant he owned the hotel, Jungkook thought with a frown. Plus, if he lived in the city he probably owned the city. It wouldn't surprise him if 'Dragon' was the one in charge of who was allowed to live, work, or pass through.

One look at their Alpha told them all he wasn't fond of the idea.

"Tae." Seokjin said pointedly, and they stared at each other for a moment before the younger sighed. "I can try and set up a meeting, although I won't be able to go with. Some of us still need to show up today."

Right, Jungkook thought, just because things were falling apart around them didn't mean the Convergence wasn't happening. "Me and Tae can go." He said almost offhandedly, and the alpha in question let out a soft noise. "You three have enough influence on your own, but Tae will only seem confrontational and cocky if he shows up by himself." He reasoned, and the others seemed reluctant to agree but he wasn't going to give them time to argue.

"Darling," Taehyung's spoke gently and Jungkook new immediately that his mate was about to suggest and he turned to meet his eyes with a raised brow.

"I know you're not about to ask me to let you go by yourself." He interrupted, and Taehyung's lips parted in subtle surprise. "Together. Always." He reminded him, and they stared at each other for a second before Taehyung just sighed and gave him a small smile.

"Always."

-------

Even before his years spent among humans, Jungkook had never spent much time in the city. He was unfamiliar with the layout and unfamiliar with the people. He'd never spent much time around businessmen, anyone vaguely high society. So, the intimidatingly sharp eyed alpha in his three piece suit and his vibrant hair was a little out of his comfort zone.

"Dragon."

Taehyung's face was flat, his tone as even as he could make it, and Jungkook fought to keep his own expression and scent as neutral as he could. The alpha's stared at each other, a glass top desk between them in the older alpha's high rise office. The red head cocked his head and after an extra tension second, bowed his head.

"V." Then his eyes slid to the omega and he granted him a half smile. "Luna."

The term of respect made Jungkook blink but he couldn't help but smile back. With the trouble they'd had it was like a breath of fresh hair. "Alpha." He said demurely, and Taehyung's hand tightened where it was hooked around his waist.