2. don't be afraid of change, it is leading you to a new beginning

title quote by: joyce meyer

It was disorienting to wake up to silence, proper silence. There were no soft voices in the distance and there was no ceiling fan quietly circling, gently stirring the air. Jungkook cracked open his eyes to a white ceiling, white walls, and no sound. It was peaceful until the bed he was in shifted. His head snapped up and he saw a man sitting at the foot of his bed. "You." It was the man from the forest; the blonde with the crystal eyes. "Did you save me?"

"Always." The man titled his head and Jungkook's eyes fluttered; his voice was low and smoky and each syllable made his heart skip a beat. There was a burning in his chest, but it wasn't unpleasant. "I wasn't going to let him hurt you." He crossed his arms. "However, you weren't supposed to be at work that late. You don't close on weekdays."

Jungkook sat up and frowned. "What the fuck? Were you following me too? Where am I anyway?" His wolf growled when he didn't get a response but the man only gave him a small smile.

"Three weeks ago a pack attempted to do a takeover of some of my territory. Two weeks ago Hoseok noticed that you smelled like another alpha. Your cafe just so happened to be right in the middle of all of that." Jungkook blinked.

"So you're...?"

"Taehyung. I'm the leader of this pack." The omega had never met a man so incapable of making a single micro expression before. " You can call me whatever you want." He didn't smirk, but Jungkook could hear it in his voice.

The omega immediately scowled. "You're the one who sent Hoseok to spy on me, along with Seokjin hyung."

Taehyung shrugged. "Yeah, I was. Although I think I should clarify that I didn't tell him to keep seeing you." A silence settled over the room and the alpha sighed as he stood and stepped towards the door. "I'll let the others know you're awake."

"Wait!" Jungkook jumped from the bed with a start and nearly squealed when he got caught on the sheets. His eyes squeezed shut as he braced for the impact but two arms wrapped around him in an instant, he sighed in tune with his inner wolf and could feel his body almost melt into his arms. However, he was suddenly hyper aware of the burn in his ankle, an injury he had completely forgotten about. The weight in his chest grew and he could feel a tingle in the tips of his fingers as a shiver ran down his spine.

"Careful." Taehyung's warm breath brushed across his ear, and Jungkook couldn't find it in himself to back away from the embrace. "Do you need help getting back in bed?"

No. "Please?" He would have pouted but the alpha only smiled and helped pull the blankets back as he limped back into the bed. "Can you stay with me for a bit? I'm sorry about my attitude. Thank you for saving me, I don't know-." His breath caught, and he didn't even want to think about what really would have happened if Taehyung hadn't jumped in. "Thank you."

Taehyung frowned and pushed a hand through his hair; He showed more emotion than he'd seen the alpha express since he'd woken up. "I'm never letting another wolf get that close to you again. You're safe here." It was unsaid, but Jungkook could hear the 'with me' in his words. Barely a few minutes and he could feel himself become lost in this alpha.

"Again, thank you." Jungkook smiled. "And thank you for pushing Hoseok to talk to me. I'm pretty sure the situation would be completely different if you hadn't." He paused as he looked at the alpha, really looked him over. His hair color seemed natural, and he didn't seem to have contacts. He was tall but not built, Jungkook was sure he had more muscle mass even though everyone knew an alpha's strength had nothing to do with muscle. Taehyung reached out to pat his knee and Jungkook quickly caught his hand. "Why do you have blue eyes?" For years he had never been the type of person to initiate physical contact with someone, but he found himself slowly linking their fingers together, and Taehyung let him. He could hear his mother's voice in the back of his head as their palms touched, 'bonds are for the weak, Jungkook, only the unfortunate search for love'.