9. the biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place

title quote by: george bernard shaw

-------

warning: sensitive topics are brought up again in this chapter, just briefly in the conversation with jimin.

-------

"Are you sure you're okay?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Tae, you've asked me that a dozen times already. He didn't even touch me." He gave the alpha a small smile and squeezed their linked hands. "Stop worrying so much. You're gonna give everyone the wrong idea if they see their Alpha all mopey." There was a muffled snort from the front seat but they both ignored it.

"I know, I'm sorry." Taehyung frowned and slid down further in his seat. "I can't get my wolf to calm down." Then he straightened up again and turned to look out the back window, just like he'd done every two minutes since they'd loaded up Jongin to take back to Bangtan's main territory. "If he'd even laid a finger on you-."

Jungkook let go of his hand so he could grab his face and turn him back, his cheeks squished between his palms. "Taehyung, listen to me: he didn't touch me, he didn't fight against the others, he didn't even argue about being taken to essentially be interrogated." The alpha frowned but Jungkook wasn't going to let him argue his way out of this. " Besides, Yoongi is with him. I can't think of a person sane enough to try and outrun him." He'd only tried to run with Yoongi and Jimin once before he'd realized he was far too out of shape to do anything but trail after them.

That made Taehyung huff out a soft laugh and his head tipped to the side, his shoulders finally sagging under the stress. He turned to press a kiss to the palm of his hand and Jungkook bit his lip to hide his smile. Every touch from his alpha made their bond grow stronger and he could feel the link between them thrum gently. "I'm sorry." He said again. Jungkook would have said something else but the solid wall of trees around them suddenly stopped and the car started to slow down, his hands fell back down to his lap. A quick look out the window told him that they'd arrived at the compound, but Taehyung leaned forward and tapped the driver's shoulder. "Take him to the guest house."

"Yes, Alpha." The beta driving nodded and smoothly turned so they were heading past the main house.

"What's the guest house?" Jungkook was really only familiar with the main house, courtesy of Jimin's tour when they'd first met. Since Taehyung's sudden overhaul he hadn't had much time to do much other than sit in on pack meetings. The other smaller buildings dotted around the expansive property were unknown territory, although he assumed several were housing for the mated families.

Taehyung grabbed his hand again and tugged him a little closer; it still amazed Jungkook how comfortable he was when it was just his alpha touching him, even after the several months he'd been with him. "It used to be a holding cell, sort of." A small, windowless building came into view. "I've never used it for that purpose, but it has it's uses when you need secrecy." Jungkook frowned as they slowed to a stop. He still didn't know a whole lot about the pack war they had been apart of, but it seemed odd that Taehyung wouldn't have had a use for a holding cell during that time.

The car behind them pulled up closer to the door than they did and Jungkook watched as Yoongi tugged Jongin out of the backseat, Hoseok quick at his heels. The car pulled away just as they opened the door and shoved the beta inside. "You're not going to hurt him, right?" The question came without thinking, but he looked over his shoulder to see Taehyung frown at him. "I mean, I know how these things usually go, but..." He trailed off as Taehyung's face lit up in understanding, but the frown stayed even as he held his hand tighter.

"I didn't plan on torturing him, darling." They stepped out together, while the two betas stayed in the front seat. "Persuasion through pain has it's uses, but not here." There was an edge hidden in his voice, where Jungkook was sure he wouldn't have noticed it if he wasn't so intimately familiar with his voice now. He didn't know how he felt about the insinuation that he had tortured someone before, but this was not the time to talk about it. He let the alpha lead him to the door, where he could barely smell the others behind the walls. There must have been something in the walls, he figured.