5. let's try and fail because through failure you learn

title quote by: jared leto

-------

hiii, i just wanted to say thank you to the people who are reading/following/commenting this! even if you're only checking to see if it's worth reading, i still appreciate it. i'm notoriously awful among my friends for starting and ever finishing anything, so this is like a personal goal of mine.

also! i tend to write characters as a separate entity than who they are in real life, whether it's from media or actual people. in short- while they share the same names, there might be some big differences that you might not agree with- which is cool, everyone has different taste. in this for instance tae is a little bit sadder, a bit more serious than some other writers might write him, and the same with jk.

i just wanted to make a disclaimer, now that we're getting a bit more into the meat of the story with a bit more backstory.

-------

"This isn't a morning after I'm used to." Jungkook's voice was rough as he squinted against the morning light. The floor to ceiling windows didn't hold anything back and he groaned as he smacked a hand over his eyes. The body next to him shook as he laughed and Jungkook smacked his chest. "Don't laugh at me, you jerk."

"Sorry, Kook." The blonde pushed his hair out his eyes and pushed himself up. The sheets fell and Jungkook flushed at the sight of the toned skin. He hadn't seen much in the moonlight but as Taehyung stood from the bed he pulled the blankets up to cover his face despite the pants low on the alpha's hips. "You're so shy all of the sudden." The alpha commented, "I'd hate to see how you react when we actually mate."

Jungkook sputtered and jerked the blankets off his face to smack him harder. "Don't just say shit like that!" He snapped but the alpha only laughed softly.

"Sorry, darlin'," He whispered and he leaned back over to brush his hair out his eyes. His own blue eyes trailed down to the kaleidoscope of color at the base of his throat all the way across his shoulder. Jungkook reached up to press a finger against one of the bruises and Taehyung cocked his head. "Do you still feel the same way you did last night?" Neither of them had pushed for the bite, to the omega's internal surprise, but Jungkook hadn't protested an alternative mark for the other wolves.

"I'm not scared of you, if that's what you mean." Jungkook sat up as well, with the blanket bunched up around his shoulders. "I want to try...whatever this is, with you." He confirmed, though he couldn't meet Taehyung's eyes as he stared intently down at his hands.

"Let's eat breakfast." Taehyung suddenly said and moved towards the door. "You wanted to talk last night, didn't you?" He stretched his arms high above his head and Jungkook watched the almost hypnotic way his muscles muscles moved. "I think we both have questions." Jungkook stayed seated until he disappeared around the corner before he stood from the bed as well.

He felt gross having slept in his jeans all night and he slowly pushed himself off the bed towards the plain dresser by the wall. "This breakfast better be amazing!" He called after him and a low laugh echoed back down the hall. Despite the wall of windows he didn't feel at all exposed as he stole a pair of Taehyung's sweats and a hoodie off the floor. The alpha's scent was heavy in the fabric but it was what Jungkook felt he needed when he caught sight of the hickey's on his skin out of the corner of his eye. He flushed and tugged the jacket up higher to cover it.

The house was just as bare as before, but he took a bit more time to explore as he wandered around. While there wasn't any decoration on the walls or excess furniture, there was a piano in one room that he hadn't noticed before and an expensive looking camera on one of the side tables. It was odd for the leader of such a large pack to have such free hobbies. He couldn't think of a wolf in such high standing that had ever boasted a single creative bone in their body. Music and art had always been considered fitting for omegas- something soft for them to fill their time in between servicing their alpha.