20. the quieter you become the more you are able to hear

title quote by: rumi

-------

this chapter might seem simple but wonder if you guys can catch the hints i drop before the end..? lol, we'll see!!

-------

The main room wasn't quite what Jungkook had imagined when Seokjin had given him a rough description weeks before. Once they had stepped out of the elevator and had followed the heavy scent of alpha through the halls, they stood faced with the most ornate doors Jungkook had ever seen- and his parents had always been inclined towards extravagance. There wasn't anyone stood outside, but as Seokjin stepped forward to pull the door open for them it creaked open and a familiar man came into view.

"Alpha Taekwoon!" Jungkook greeted with a bright smile that the alpha returned, he gave them a small bow and they all dipped their heads as well.

"Are you ready?" His soft voice was at odds to his straight posture, to how he pushed his dominance like how Hakyeon had done months ago. Jungkook could imagine it wouldn't have helped their image to have the face of their pack be their Luna, no matter how capable or strong Hakyeon truly was. He felt almost sorry for the alpha to be forced to project an image so unlike his true nature. "We caught your scent as soon as you stepped from the elevator."

It was no surprise. Jungkook had gotten used to it but he could remember when he'd first caught it, been caught up in it. The Alpha's presence was overwhelming at the best of times and the power he held at his fingertips...even just a glance sometimes still made the omega want to bare his neck and submit. He'd caught more than one wolf freeze and go silent as their Alpha passed them in the halls, and there was nothing Taehyung could really do to rein it in. Of course, secretly Jungkook kind of found it attractive- even though he would never tell the alpha that to his face.

Taehyung brushed a lock of platinum hair from his eyes and curled a strong arm around Jungkook waist; the two other alphas were close at his back, the Beta at his other side.

"As ready as I'll ever be." He murmured.

Taekwoon gave him a sharp nod and let Seokjin pull the door back open.

The rush of scents was a little disorienting for Jungkook but he quickly pushed it aside; his years around humans had taught him how to ignore them even a little bit. Any sound in the room was quickly silenced and their shoes gave soft taps against the hard floor as they stepped inside.

Jungkook had expected a long table, some office chairs and maybe some sort of large board like in the stereotypical "meetings" in movies. Instead, there were dozens of round tables scattered around, each pack granted their own area to help keep tensions at a minimum. There was a long table on the other side that reminded him of the pack house's main dining room. Six figures dressed in black were seated behind the table. They all wore face masks with wide brimmed hats, their faces hidden as well as their scents.

The Elders, his brain supplied.

Then, he realized that everyone's attention had turned to them and Taehyung's hand gripped his hip just a little harder. Seokjin cleared his throat softly as Taekwoon almost lazily walked back to his own table (he could see Hakyeon's dark eyes on them from across the room), and gave the room a deep bow.

"Introducing Alpha Kim Taehyung and his mate, Luna Kim Jungkook of the Kim Branch Pack." The omega wished he could have given Taehyung a look but he kept his gaze ahead to where the Elders watched them passively; although he could feel the mate mark on his neck and their bond hum with happiness at their shared name. "Along with representatives: our Second, Min Yoongi and alpha Jung Hoseok, and myself- Beta Kim Seokjin." There was a huff from somewhere in the room and Jungkook's eyes narrowed slightly at a look of mild disbelief from a few tables away.