15. the family is a link to our past and a bridge to our future

title quote by: alex haley

-------

there's a bit of a shift to this chapter- hope you enjoy! introducing some new characters!

-------

there's a bit of a shift to this chapter- hope you enjoy! introducing some new characters!

The day after his heat finally broke Jungkook woke up feeling more energized than he had in weeks. There was a lightness in his body that had never been there before. As he crawled out of bed, Taehyung elsewhere in the house on the phone with Seokjin, there almost a bounce to a step. He hummed an aimless little song to himself as he changed his clothes and set to fix the sheets.

"Jin set up a meeting tomorrow- with a pack we used to have more regular contact with." Taehyung's voice suddenly cut in and Jungkook looked up from where he was slowly dismantling his nest. The alpha looked like he had more to say but he cut himself off with a frown. "Hey, you don't need to get rid of it?" He started but Jungkook shook his head.

"It's okay. It doesn't feel...necessary, anymore." It was hard to put into words how he felt, but Taehyung seemed to get it anyway if his small nod was any indicator. "What were you saying before?" He knew that the Beta had been busy while they were...busy, but because of his heat he didn't actually know what all had happened while they were gone.

Taehyung moved to sit on the bed next to what was left of the nest and tossed his phone to the side. "When we went after my brother the first time we lost support from some of the other packs we used to work with. Seokjin said he got one to agree to a meeting between me and their Alpha." There was something about Taehyung's tone that made Jungkook pause and he dropped the blanket in his hands to sit next to his mate.

"What's up? You're acting weird." He didn't want Taehyung to hold in whatever it was that was bothering him. They were a team, Jungkook wanted to share his burdens as well. They didn't keep anything from each other.

"Sorry, darling." The alpha said with a wry smile, but he didn't say anything for a moment.

"Did you..." Jungkook trailed off, and grabbed Taehyung's hand softly, "have another vision?" His mate hadn't brought it up for a few weeks, but something that the alpha had said when they had barely known each other still rang in his mind during the quieter moments. 'I only see things related to those I'm close to', he'd said. 'The longer I'm away, the less frequent they are'.

Fortunately the alpha shook his head, although his smile was replaced by a frown at the thought. "No, although that's sort of been bothering me too, to be honest. I've been around the pack more in the last few months that I have since I was a child." He trailed his thumb across the omega's fingers, his free hand a tight fist on his thigh. "It used to get so bad I would be on bed rest for days." He revealed, and Jungkook bit his lip. "Anyway," Taehyung said suddenly, and straightened up with another smile. "I'm getting off track- I'm more worried about having to step into shoes I'm not ready to fill yet."

Jungkook could only let out a soft laugh and lean in to press a kiss to the corner of his mouth. "Baby," He said with a smile, and Taehyung looked surprised at the term of endearment, "you've been filling those shoes for months ." His alpha's eyes widened- those beautiful crystalline, blue eyes that had pulled Jungkook in from the moment he'd seen them. "The moment you decided to take your position seriously? To become the Alpha everyone knew you could be? That's when you really became their Alpha."

There was a beat of silence before Taehyung chuckled. "Where have you been hiding all this wisdom?" Taehyung teased, and the omega rolled his eyes with a smile.

blue eyes white wolf | taekookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें