16. worrying about how things might go wrong doesn't help things to go right

title quote by: karen salmansohn

-------

warning: there's description of panic attacks in this chapter, more heavily towards the second half- i won't blame any of you for skipping it.

-------

He spent the next few weeks hyper aware of any changes to his body. He double checked what he ate, he watched his waistline near obsessively, and he pointedly ignored any time he got randomly nauseous."You sure you're okay, kid?" Yoongi asked, and the Luna paused before he nodded slowly. He'd just about thrown up his dinner in front of the mated pair, but he lowered his hand from his mouth and swallowed back the nasty taste at the back of his throat. "It's just...you've been a little out of it recently. Did Taehyung do something?" The Second would be the first to admit that he wouldn't be afraid to put their Alpha in his place if it was ever needed.

"No, no everything's fine." He assured, although by Jimin's frown across the table he hadn't been entirely convincing. "I've just been worrying for no reason." Lies. All lies. His conversation with Kyungsoo was still fresh in his mind, the idea planted firmly in his mind. Very compatible , he'd said.

He hadn't gone to see a doctor yet. Denial, maybe. Something like forced ignorance: if it wasn't confirmed then he could ignore it for a while longer. At least until his instincts pushed him to take care of himself, keep out of danger in any way, prepare for a possible child . Like he said: denial, maybe. He could put up a confident front like the best of them but...but dying? Months ago his biggest worry had been whether or not his barista job would be enough to keep him fed, if he'd be able to stay at the hostel for another week.

He'd since found the man he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, friends he could count on, he'd even been able to feel what a real pack felt like. Now he had to worry about hiding his constantly upset stomach and his rapidly increasing fainting spells from not only his best friends but the most possessive and observant alpha known to wolf kind.

"Well," Jimin frowned but it didn't look like he was going to push the issue, "you know you can always talk to us, right?" He assured and Jungkook gave him a bright smile, more authentic than he'd been able to give in a few days. The couple had become a very welcome, incredibly strong support system to him ever since he'd come to Bangtan- he didn't think he'd ever be able to thank them enough.

"Of course." His smile widened and although Yoongi didn't look very convinced they both slowly went back to their conversation- something about Yoongi's patrols. He had admittedly zoned out a while before but they didn't seem to upset that he wasn't really paying attention.

Taehyung had been busy in the last few weeks, with the Convergence getting closer and closer with only a little over a month away he had found himself swamped with paperwork. The revelation about the Jeons had pushed Seokjin into a phone call frenzy and the Beta was determined to get any possible edge to help with the Challenge. The Alpha had been in an out of phone calls and Skype meetings ever since.

"Hey, Kook." His head snapped up at the voice and he was startled to see the table clear and Jimin nowhere to be seen. Yoongi dropped down into the seat across from him with an unreadable expression. "Jimin is in our room," he offered as an explanation and the omega frowned, "so you don't need to try and put up a facade around me, okay? What's really going on?" Jungkook's brow furrowed in confusion but Yoongi quickly held up a hand. "Hey, don't think I'm tryin' to pressure you to tell me. I can smell that there's something wrong, Kook." He added softly.

Jungkook flushed at that and immediately wrapped his arms around himself as if that would be able to stop it. "I...I don't..."

"I don't blame Taehyung for not noticing- he's been busy and to be honest you always smell a little stressed." Yoongi propped his chin on his palm and stared at the omega with his sharp eyes. Jungkook tried not to cower under his scrutinizing gaze but his already frazzled nerves made it a little hard to keep a straight face. "What's up?"