1. sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers

title quote by: cecelia ahern

When Jungkook was young, every moment of his life was dedicated to learning the fine art of pleasure . Raised to become the trophy omega to the alpha his parents found most suitable, he was put through countless lessons on how to placate an alphas rut, how to speak at formal events, how to dress himself to draw attention to himself and to blend in. It was drilled into his head for years, years before it would ever become useful. The lessons were humiliating and no matter how much he'd begged he'd been forced to sit through classes that made his skin crawl. He had never been particularly close with his pack, but those hadn't helped.

"Jeon, stop daydreaming and help with the register!" He jumped and the memories fizzled away with a metaphorical pop. Several lonely years later he'd found himself far away from all of that, and working among humans in a fairly popular cafe. It was a far cry from the life of luxury he used to have but he couldn't say he hated it. The work was simple, even when he burnt his hand on the steamer or when entitled teenagers thought they were Starbucks.

"Good evening, what can I get for you?" It was close to the end of his shift but he slapped a smile on to go along with his best Customer Service Voice. When there was no immediate reply he glanced up from the register and couldn't swallow his gasp. He didn't know how he hadn't noticed as soon as the man had walked in, but there was nothing he could do now. There was no mistaking that build or scent, and he certainly didn't miss the flash of the man's eyes. Alpha.

"Just a black coffee." There was a brief pause and he squinted. "...Jungkook.". The omega slapped a hand over the tag on his apron and spun around; he had totally forgotten about the cheaply made plastic name card stuck to his chest. So much for hiding, he thought bitterly. As soon as his back was turned he tried to force his body to settle down with a few deep breaths, but damn it his legs were already shaking. Muscle memory took over for a moment and he blinked as he handed the cardboard cup over the counter.

"Your coffee, sir." The alpha barely gave him a second look when he grabbed his cup and left but when he went to step back Jungkook glanced down at the counter and there was a white rectangle on the polished surface, his name was scrawled in chunky letters across the top.

"Is that his number?" Lisa asked with a small smile, she ducked behind him to slap an order to the back counter as he sputtered. "He was cute, you should call him later." He couldn't hold his nervous laughter back and he shook his head hard.

"No. I've never even seen him in here before. He was just being nice." There was no way he could explain the genuine fear he felt, not excitement, at the sight of the alphas number typed neatly below where his name had been scrawled. There was an ache deep his gut just at the thought of calling.

"Jungkook! There was a spill, can you mop it please?" Their manager popped around the corner and Jungkook jumped at the opening. Lisa giggled as he darted away, and when he clocked out for the end of his shift, he found the card tucked neatly into his wallet as he went to pay his bus fare. She gave him a small smile when he stopped his tracks and gave him a pat on the back as she walked towards her car. The white card stared up at him while he shook his head and scoffed.

"I'm not going to call. That would be stupid. " He muttered to himself. He shoved his wallet back into his pocket and tried to force himself to just forget about it.

-------

Three days later Jungkook found himself in a restaurant he had never been to before, in clothes that didn't fit the atmosphere, and the same alpha across from him. The shoulders of his suit pulled when he crossed his arms and Jungkook sat on his hands to stop himself from fidgeting in nervousness.