10. don't leave me because without you, there is no me

title quote by: john abraham

Jungkook stayed with the mated couple for a while, content to stay after Jimin had calmed down in Yoongi's arms. They turned on a drama Yoongi wouldn't admit he was obsessed with and he listened to them bicker good-naturedly as he stewed in his own thoughts. They were so obviously in love, it was hard to think they'd ever hated each other at one point. Eventually, though, he realized he was edging towards overstaying his welcome and he stood up to go find Taehyung.

"I'd check the main office." The Second mentioned as they walked him to their door; the alpha hadn't let go of his mate since he'd ran in. "I haven't seen him since this morning so that's probably where Seokjin stuck him." He'd been outside on a run when he'd felt Jimin's distress through their bond, he had told them. Hoseok was on duty for patrol and Yoongi had gone out for a run to clear his mind when he'd been struck with the need to come back. Plus, Jungkook knew that when Seokjin got serious he could push their Alpha to work for hours and hours.

"Thanks, hyung." He didn't use honorifics often, but the alpha had become something like a surrogate brother for him ever since he'd sort of solidified his place in their pack. He liked to think the alpha had a soft spot for him.

With a quick 'goodbye' thrown over his shoulder he stepped out and down the hall, towards the offices. Unlike the guest house he was very familiar with those, especially the one Taehyung used most often when he needed space for his one-on-ones. It gave him a place that was soaked in his scent, as both a power move and a sense of comfort for the pack. It had quickly become something that could relax him, without fail. In the times were Jungkook found himself alone he tried to bring a jacket or short with him that smelled like Taehyung, just in case.

Unlike the alpha's house the halls of the compound were covered in various art pieces and small tables with sculptures. It had never been mentioned explicitly but Jungkook was fairly certain that a lot of the pieces were left over from when his parents were still around. He hated to think about how much a single piece cost, especially with how frequently mothers just let their pups run wildly up and down the halls during the day. Taehyung was obviously loaded but he wouldn't envy the bill it would be to replace anything.

There were a couple betas that gave him a short bow as he passed but the halls were otherwise empty. A normal day saw quite a bit of traffic around the main house, especially from those who were switching out patrols. Now he could barely hear the wolves working on dinner, or even just the murmur of voices in the rooms around him. Without a mate mark he wasn't able to feel a pack bond with anyone so he couldn't even try and feel where they were.

Then there was a loud crash, and then silence. With a frown he continued down the hall, before he turned towards where the noise had come from. There was an open door, a back entrance to one of the gardens used by the kitchens, and a broken window. It was obvious that had been what the crash had been from, although as he looked around there wasn't anyone else in the hall. The betas that he'd passed were already well out of earshot and he couldn't see anyone outside.

The glass on the floor told him it'd been broken in from outside, but there wasn't a soul in sight.

A nose to the air told him absolutely nothing, which was strange. His frown deepened, there should have been something , he'd heard -.

"Omega ..."

He whipped around at the unfamiliar voice, the soft timbre like a whisper against his ear. Something about it made hair stand on end. However, there was no one behind, or around him. The voice had sounded so close like there had been a man just at his back, but there was no one.

"Feisty. " Another whisper, behind him again.

Then, before he could call out to whatever this was, there was an arm around his neck.