°45.Alternarive Ending°

Eyes were shut tightly. Quiet sobs filled the silence outside while the muffled music from inside was still going on.
No one expected spring fling to end this way.
The night started great with lots of happy faces.
Now a few of those students stood outside trying to stop a broken soul from shooting the place up.

Anne Jensen stood with her eyes tightly shut while the barrel of a gun was pointed at her chest.
The sound of sirens were approaching yet Tyler Down still looked determined to finish his plan.
He closed his eyes for a second.
Flashes of him lowering the gun came to his mind. Another thought crossed his mind. What if he accidentally killed Anne? What if she died because him? He could see it all in front of him. Her chest becoming as red as her lips while she fell in Clay's arms.
Tears started filling his eyes and he knew he had to stop.

Anne's death was all an image in his head and he could prevent it if he lowered the gun and went away.
So that's what he did. He lowered the gun while stifling a sob.
Anne smiled sadly at him and nodded encouraging.
"That's it, Tyler."
Anne took the gun out of his hand and handed it to Clay behind.
She stepped towards him as careful as possible not wanting to scare him.
"It's all going to be okay. Just go with Tony and we'll solve this."
Tyler nodded absently before walking to Tony's car who just arrived.

After the red Mustang sped off Anne released a heavy sigh and started crying softly.
She turned around to face Clay, Justin and Jessica.
"What are we going to do now?"
Anne still stood frozen in shock while her teary eyes stared at Jessica.
The sounds of police sirens came closer by the moment.
Clay walked to Anne with the gun still in his hands.
"We'll take care of the guns. Now we need to figure out what to do if people start ask questions."
They were all discussing what to tell the police but Anne couldn't hear any of it.
All she could hear was a loud ringing in her ears while her gaze was unfocused.
She barely noticed when Clay dragged her along to the car.
She could have been dead. The boy she loved could have killed her just a few minutes ago.

Anne jumped in surprise and snapped out of her trance when the sirens of police cars passed her and Clay's car.
Both teenagers were on the verge of crying not knowing what to do or think of the past hour.
At first it was one of the best night but it turned into a nightmare.
"Anne, you okay?"
Anne breathed heavily just like her adoptive brother.
She heaved out a yes while turning back to face the cop cars distancing themselves from them.
"You think this will work?"
She looked at Clay and he nodded unsurely.
"Let's hope so."

All of them shared secrets. After that day the secrets became even more and much bigger.
And Anne was one who would do anything to keep them secret. Especially if it was about Tyler. After all she loved him.
She'd do anything for her friends. There was nothing that would stop her from keeping those she loved safe.
Not even murder.

!!!!IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!

EVERYTHING IN ITALICS IS WHAT ANI TELLS DURING HER NARRATING.