°6. Broken windows°

Anne looked at the map included with the tapes and started following the directions.
Walking down the dimly litted roads, away from the safety of her house, and into the dark night.
Or well she didn't really know what was the safest option. Her house or the dark streets?
She pressed play and started following directions.

Nothing extremely interesting had been said yet but Anne still listened with close attention.
When looking at the map she saw it wasn't extremely far from her house.
Thank god she didn't have to walk for hours.

"Shh for example, you better be quiet, extremely quiet. What if i found out?
Guess what Tyler Down, i found out."
Upon hearing his name Anne stopped dead in her tracks.
Standing still having a tight grip on the map she whispered slightly.
"Tyler?"
She decided to walk further again and turned her attention back to her friend's voice coming through her headphones.

"I feel sorry for you Tyler, i do. Everyone else on these tapes so far must feel a little relieved, you know.
They just come of as jerks or liars or insecure people lashing out at others but your story, Tyler, is kinda creepy."

Walking into the street of A4 of the map, Anne looked around trying to spot anything familiar but she couldn't.
"Where the hell are you taking me to, Hannah Baker?"
Anne felt sad knowing that she wouldn't get a witty response in return. Not this time. Or never again actually.
While sighing she stepped forward again on her journey towards point A4.

"And i feel kinda creepy telling, you know why? Cuz i'm trying to get closer to you, Tyler."

She reached her final destination and turning a corner into someone's backyard was Anne's destination.
"Jesus Hannah, someone's backyard for real?"

Instead of one of those sarcastic comments she loved Hannah's voice on the tape just started playing on.

"I'm trying to understand the excitement of staring through someone's bedroom window, watching someone who doesn't know they're being watched, trying to catch them in the act. What were you trying to cath me in the act of Tyler?"

While Hannah's words spoke through Anne's  headphones, her attention got caught by the many broken little windows she stood infront of.

"And where you dissapointed or pleasantly surprised?"

She grazed her fingers alongside the broken surface of cracked glass and one entirely missing piece that was replaced by tape or some sort of material like that.
Anne looked at it with a sad expression on her face.
She felt sorry for whoever's bedroom this was.
The poor girl was so caught off guard by the broken windows she didn't see all the camera equipment laying inside the dimly litted room.
If only she had looked beyond the broken glass she knew who's backyard she was standing in.

"Okay, who knows where i am? Who knows were i'm standing right now?"
Anne sighed hearing her friend's voice only being able to think something like, i don't know maybe you were here aswell.

Anne took out the map again and and started looking at it again not entirely sure if she was at the right spot.

"If you said outside Tyler's window, you're right and that's A4 on your map."

Anne looked at the map in shock.
She was standing outside of Tyler's house and in his backyard.
In her state of shock her gaze turned downwards and she didn't notice the light being switched on, on the other side of the window.

Getting back to reality Anne slowly lifted her gaze from the map and back into Tyler's room but to her horror the boy she was listening about stood on the other side of the window looking at her with the same expression of shock evident on his face.
Before he could react any further the girl ran away from his backyard and she slowly disappeared out of his sight.

Just like it felt to him like she was slowly disappearing out of his life.
When Tyler looked at his window he didn't see another crack or broken window.
She was the first person that didn't try to destroy his window with a rock.
There were already eight people that had thrown a rock and she didn't.
She even felt bad for him but he didn't  know that.
He smiled slightly while looking at his windows being thankful for having someone as Anne in his miserable life.
And if the story on her tape was true aswell she could use a friend.
And so that was what he would try to be once again.

A friend