°25. Stray Kids°

"Justin, what are you doing here?"
The girl looked at the boy in shock having no clue why he was on the front steps of her porch.
"Hey, Anne. Uhm can I stay here?"
She looked around trying to see if he was truly alone. When she looked back at the boy she saw how miserable he really looked.
"I don't understand. Why did you come to me?"
He looked down towards the ground before looking back up again.
"I tried to call everyone but no one awnsered."
Anne nodded in response while biting her lip thinking about the things he just said.
"I thought you were staying at Bryce's house. Why did you leave there?"

"I think you know why."
Anne was a bit shocked at his statement.
"So it is true about the things Hannah said?"
Justin nodded with a guilty look on his face while grabbing the strap of his back tighter.
"Please I really need some place to sleep. I can sleep in the garage."
Anne scoffed in return.
"Are you kidding me?"

Justin looked down afraid of what her awnser would be.
"Have you seen this house? I'm not letting you sleep in the garage like some hobo when there are plenty of unoccupied bedrooms in here."
He looked up in surprise after hearing Anne speak instead of an angry girl there was Anne in the doorway smiling at him sympathically.
She reached out her hand and spoke up.
"Give me your back and then we'll pick a room for you."
She took his bag and moved so he could enter the enormous house.
Before Justin Foley entered the mansion known as Rose Wood he thanked the girl.

When they entered the kitchen the boy saw an elderly woman smiling at him. "Hello, dear. Who are you?"
He smiled slightly before telling the woman his name.
Anne entered the kitchen and smiled at the two people infront of her.
"Justin, have you eaten yet?"
He shook his head in response, finally noticing his hunger.
Anne nodded before turning towards Cordelia.
"Can you please get us something to eat, if you don't mind? Just get something he likes while I will get a room ready for him."
The maid nodded before heading towards the front door on a quest to get all of them some food.

Anne motioned for Justin to follow her. When they reached a room Anne turned around to look at the boy.
"This room is next to mine so if you need something you won't have to walk that far. For now you can just do what you want but when my dad gets back you have to be quiet. He cannot find out you're here."
Justin just nodded simply in return.
She opened the door of the room and Justin stepped in with a look of awe.
He had never seen such luxury.
Not even the Walkers house was like this and he never had the privilege to have a room like this.
His thoughts were interrupted when Anne spoke up from her place in the doorway.
"I hope this room is a bit okay for you."
She was about to close the door but stopped her action when she remembered she forgot to tell him something.
"I don't know how long you plan on staying here but i don't really care. You can stay as long as you want.
I'll get you when Cordelia is back with the food."

Justin stood in the middle of the room still looking at the closed door.
He was still surprised that Anne would help him.
He was a reason her friend was dead ofcourse.