°9. Little Red Dress°

The two teenagers looked at eachother in silence.
One of them on the brink of crying once again.
"Anne are you okay?"
The girl looked at him and smiled sadly while nodding.
"You don't look okay, who was that? And what happened?"

Anne wiped her eyes not wanting anyone to see the tears except for Tyler who already saw them.
"It's nothing Tyler. No need to worry."
He nodded still unsure if she was speaking the thruth but he didn't want to push her.

"I thought you left."
The boy looked at the sad girl infront of him before replying.
"I wanted to but i just couldn't leave you alone so i kept looking through the window and when i saw you crying i knew i had to come back in."
He smiled slighlty at her.

"I watched you through the window. I guess i really am a creep."

Anne's head shot up at his statement.
"Look i'm sorry i said that. I got angry when i shouldn't have and for that i apalogize."

"No worries, Anne. And i wanted to thank you for sticking up for me to Montgomery and being the only one who didn't throw a rock at my window while listening to my tape."

The two teenagers smiled at eachother, finally feeling at peace after a long time.

🌹🌹🌹🌹

After her afternoon with Tyler she went back home.
When she entered the house Anne saw her father sitting in his study room. She glared at the back of his head and continued upstairs.

It was time again.
Time for Anne to start listening to the tapes and Hannah's story again.
She put on ber headphones and helf her finger above the play button of the walkman.
While sighing she pressed it and Hannah's voice started speaking.

Her friend's voice was speaking clearly through the headphones when the next person was metioned.

"Welcome to your tape, Courtney Crimsen."

⏳⌛

Anne stood in line to get a ticket for the winter formal.
Someone went to stand behind her.
Looking over her schoulder she saw it was Clay Jensen.
"Clay Jensen going to the winter formal?! I'm utterly shocked." she layed her hand on her chest and pretended to be shocked. Both of the teenagers laughed at the silly girl.
"I lost a bet to Jeff Atkins."
Anne chuckled.
"So now poor Clay Jensen has to pay for a prom ticket he doesn't want to go to."
He nodded with a sheepish smile.
"Well at least you have a chance to dance with someone special called Hannah Baker."
She nugded his side while looking at him with a cheeky smile.

Both of the teenagers pursached their ticket and continued walking together.
"So why are you going?"
Anne looked at the boy beside her.
"Well i didn't want Hannah to go alone with Courtney and the Courtnets."
The boy chuckled at her statement.
"Yeah good idea, Anne."

🌹🌹🌹🌹

It was the night of the winter formal and Anne was getting ready.
Tonight was going to be the night Clay and Hannah were going to dance and have an amazing night together.
Or that was the plan of Jeff and Anne atleast.
She and Hannah would meet at the dance and after that they would have a great night. There was a knock on the door and after that was Cordelia who came in.
"Ohw, you look so pretty."
The elderly woman smiled.
Anne was wearing a long red dress.
Ofcourse it was in red, that was her iconic color and she would always wear something red so tonight was no exception.

"So I'll be your taxi tonight."
The girl looked up in confusion.
"But I thought I had to go there myself, father told me that I should do it on my own."

"Well I thought, I could take you. I'm free now so that gives me the perfect oppurtonity. You don't want to arrive there all alone, now don't you?"

Anne hugged the woman who felt more like family than her own did.
"Thank you so much, Cordelia."

After being taken to the winter formal by her maid, Anne decided it was time to get inside. She whispered quietly to herself while gazing up at the building infront of her

"Let's begin this night, shall we."