°3. Fake Love°

Present day

The voice that came through Anne's headphones would haunt her for the rest of her life. It was her dead friend.
Those first five words would scare anybody receiving these tapes.

"Hey, it's Hannah, Hannah Baker."

Anne sat there listening with a shocked expression on her face.
How on earth could it be possible that her dead friend's voice was now speaking?
Anne was about to turn it off and just throw it away.
But the next thing Hannah said caught her attention.
There was someone who owned copies of these tapes and if she didn't do what she was obliged to do then all of the tapes would be released.

Shutting her eyes tightly, Anne began to focus on the words being said.
The first few tapes wouldn't bother her that much but once she would reach the one of her best friend, it would break her. And if his tape didn't break her then she would have a storm coming hearing her own.

🌹🌹🌹🌹

Walking through the doors of Liberty High was a daily thing.
But now for the first time in a while Anne had trouble going inside.
She felt anxious. After receiving these mysterious tapes she had been on edge. In the weekend she already heard Justin and Jessica's stories.
Knowing what her friend had to go through made it hard for Anne.

Walking inside she immediately spotted the well decorated locker of Hannah.
"Yeah, like they ever cared about her."
She whispered quietly glaring at the locker.
But apparently she didn't care enough either, otherwise she wouldn't be on the tapes.

Walking through the halls of literal hell on earth she spotted the one guy that could cheer her up. Or it used to be like that.
Ever since Hannah's death the camera boy and mysterious girl parted ways.
She had no idea why but ever since her friend died he distanced herself and she had no idea why.

Lost in thought she didn't see the camera boy infront of her so she bumped into him. Books fell to the ground and in an instant she was picking up the books from whoever she bumped into. Looking up at the unlucky guy she froze.
"Ohw uhm I'm sorry, Tyler."
She handed him his books without even looking him in the eyes.
The awkward tension could be felt all over the halls of Liberty High.
Before he even had a chance to say something, Anne had walked away as fast as she could.
What happened to them? They were so close and now they can't even look eachother in the eyes.
This was something Anne thought about frequently.
Pressing play of the walkman she stole out of her father's drawer the next tape started playing.
She listened closely eager to hear whose tale it was this time.

"Alex Standall, welcome to your tape."

Ahhh Alex Standall. Anne didn't know him that well. He was a friendly face in the crowd of students. He would always give Anne a smile passing by but it never came to a real conversation.

What could he have done to make it to Hannah's tapes? Well, Anne was about to find out.
Now she would finally find out who put her name on that hot or not list.