°17. It's you°

"Anne?"
She looks at the boy while sobbing.
He walks forward and captures her in a tight hug.
The girl cries in his chest while he just rubs her back, trying to comfort her.
He kissed the side of her head before speaking up in a sweet tone.
"Come on, Anne. Let's get you inside."
He guides her back towards his house while she leans on him for comfort.
He sits her down on a chair and looks her in the eyes with a sad smile.
"Wait here."
After a while Tyler came back down now dressed in a dry shirt and a pile of clothes.
He hands the pile to the soaking wet girl infront of him.
"Here put these on and give me your wet clothes so I can put them in the dryer for you."
The girl just nodded avoiding eye contact and walks out of the room to change.
When she comes back into the living room she hands her night dress to Tyler and he takes them.
"Just sit by the fireplace for a while so you can warm up and I'll put these in the dryer."
Before she can respond the boy had already walked away.

After a while Tyler came back and saw the girl sitting infront of the fire.
She was lost into the way the flames burnt. It made her think back to multiple things from different times. Times she wanted to forget.

Anne felt a blanket being wrapped around her. When she turned her head, she saw Tyler smiling down at her while wrapping the blanket around her. She weakly speaks up.
"Don't your parents mind me being here?"

"They are not home and even if they were, they wouldn't mind at all."
She nodded smiling very weakly.
He sat down beside her infront of the fire.
"Anne, what happened?"
The girl turned her head to face the boy.
"I listened to Sheri's tape. I could have saved him, you know. I asked Jeff if I should drive or go along but he said no. Hannah had to witness a rape while I was having a good time getting drunk. I let down both of my friends and now they're dead. And I'm partly responsible. My father was right."
The last thing she whispered quietly not wanting him to hear.
"Anne this wasn't your fault. If you went with him it would have been you and Jeff and alot of people couldn't have handled that. You are special to alot of us."
She smiles sadly at the boy next to her and lays her head on his shoulder.
She feels him tense up but relax after a while.
"Do you remember anything of that night at the party?"
She lifts her head and thinks for a while.
"Well I remember that I forced you to dance with be but after that I have no idea."
Tyler looks down and starts playing with his hands.
"Well I took you back to your house to get you to bed. I wouldn't want anytging happening to you. When I was taking of your shoes you said my name and when I looked up you kissed me."
The boy paused for a moment not knowing what her reaction would be but she just looked down waiting for the rest of the story.
"But I stopped you. I said I couldn't do it. Not because I didn't want to. I really wanted to, for such a long time I wanted to but you were drunk and no one should ever take advantage of that. No matter how much I wanted to kiss you." he let out a nervous sigh after pouring his heart out to the girl.
Anne just looks him in the eyes with a smile.
Both of them start leaning in. Their lips almost connect but the front door opens making the two jump apart from eachother.
Tyler's parents look at the pair and his father speaks up.
"Ohw who's this?"

"This is Anne, my friend. She came here to bring something I forgot at school but she fell when it was raining so I let her warm up in here."
Anne smiles up at his parents while waving. "I'm Anne."
Tyler's parents smile sweetly back at her. She looks back at the flames befpre speaking up.
"I'll just warm up and go home."
The boy's mom walks forward and lays a hand on her shoulder.
"Oh don't worry, honey. You can stay as long as you want."
Anne smiles back at the sweet womam and nods in respond.

After a while Anne and Tyler decide to go his room.
Anne was distracted by Tyler's fascinating camera equipment while he was getting out a few pictures.
He walks towards her and taps her shoulder. When she turns around he holds up a map while smiling.
He takes the photographs out and shows them to her.
She sits down on his bed while lookong at them.
It were the photos of the winter formal. The photos she asked for.
Tyler sits down next to her while lookong at the girl beside him, loving the way how she would smile each time someone familiar came into view.
Tyler speaks up while taking a photo from the pile.
"This is my personal favourite."
When Anne takes the picture out of his hand she sees it's her and Jeff.
Tyler perfectly captured the moment of their fist bump.
Anne looks back up once again when Tyler speaks up more nervously this time.

"Mainly because it's you in the picture."