°5. Comes and Goes°

Present day
Anne smiled slightly at the memory of her and Hannah. She seemed so happy back then but in reality she was already hurting and Anne was too blind to see.

She felt awful she let her down.
She let down everyone she loved and now there were already two people dead and it felt like it was all her fault.
A knock on her door interrupted her thoughts.
The door opened slightly and the maid of Rose Wood stood there with a smile.
"Hello miss, i've packed your lunch for today, i put it in your bag."
The girl smiled slightly at the only kind soul left in this hell house people called Rose Wood.
"Thank you, Cordelia."

When the woman left and closed the door to Anne's magnificent room she pressed play again and listened back to Alex's tape.

⌛⏳

"Hey Hannah!"
Spotting her friend Anne immediatly ran forward to greet her.
"What's wrong, Han?"
When she saw the angry look on her friend's face she knew something was up.
"I need to handle something, let's go."

Hannah took her friend's hand in hers and dragged her along the halls of Liberty High.
When they arrived outside the boys lockerroom, Anne tugged on Hannah's hand.
"Han, why are we here? We're not spying on half naked boys, are we?"

Hannah rolled her eyes in a playful manner.
"No, i'm confronting the one who wrote that goddamn list. And you're there for emotional support."
Anne nodded and started openening the door.
"Well what do say Han? let's get this party started."

When the two girls entered all eyes were on them.
Some guys just stood there in shock while others tried to cover themselves.
Zach stepped forward.
"Hannah? Anne? What the hell are you doing? You can't come in here."

"Ohw don't worry, Dempsey. We're not interested in seeing tiny Zach."
The boy looked at Anne dumbfounded.
Hannah started yelling at Zach.
"Well you have all been staring at my ass all day."
Anne pointed her finger up in the air slightly before saying "Fact."
Hannah searched for the one she was looking for while Anne stood there awkwardly between half naked boys not really knowing what to do.
She decided to break the silence and began speaking while putting her hands on her hips.
"So you assholes like to put us in categories."
Before anyone could reply Hannah had already started yelling at the person who started it all.
Everyone was curious and started gathering around Hannah and another boy.
Anne was pushed back to the back of the crowd and couldn't see a thing because she was so petite.
Stumbling back she fell in someone's arms.
Looking up she saw it was Tyler.

In an instant she stood back up trying to get away from the boy who was angry at her just a few hours ago.
She was about to walk away but a grip on her arm stopped her.
Looking behind her she saw it was Tyler grabbing onto her.
He said something but she could barely make anything out of it over the noise of Hannah's shouting.
Once again he spoke up but this time he got closer to her so she could hear it clearly.
"Is the list true?"
She looked him in the eyes and shook her head.
"No, i've never kissed anyone at this fucking school."
He nodded slightly embarrassed for getting angry at her while she was innocent.
He was about to say something back bit Hannah started walking away so Anne released herself out of his grip and started walking away aswell.

⌛⏳

That was it.
Alex's tape was done.
Anne finally knew who created this stupid list and she was pissed.
He didn't even know her that well.

After a day of school she came back to Rose Wood and got the next tape out of the given shoebox.
It was time for yet another piece of Hannah's story.
It was time for tape 3, side A.

Or as Anne didn't know it yet, Tyler Down's tape.