°16. The One Who Cares°

⏳⌛

A few hours of Jess' party had passed and Anne was slightly drunk.
She was dancing on her own since she had lost sight of Clay and Hannah and she hadn't seen Jeff anymore since he left. When she spotted Tyler standing there awkwardly with his camera, she stepped forward towards the boy.
She grabbed his hands and he looked at her shocked.
"C'mon Tyler, loosen up a bit. Have fun!" she yelled while giggling.
The pair danced for a while and they had an amazing time.
After a while Tyler decided it was time to go home.
"I'm taking you home, Anne. You're drunk as hell."
The girl just giggled in response.
He brings her to her house. When they arrived the boy was taken back by the enormous house. It looked extremely expensive.
"Is your mom or dad home?"
Anne just shook her head in response, leaning on the boy.
He opens the front door and helps her into her bedroom with the help of Anne giving directions.
He sets her down on the bed and takes of her shoes and white fur coat. He grabs some tissues and takes off her makeup while forcing Anne to sit still.
While Tyler was busy helping the drunk girl getting ready for bed, she just admires the boy infront of her.
She quietly speaks up.
"Tyler?"
He looks up and both of them continue staring in eachothers eyes.
Anne leans forward and plants her the boy on his soft lips. It took a while for Tyler to get what was going on but he kisses her back eventually. When Anne pulled him closer towards her, he suddenly pulls back.

"I'm sorry Anne, I can't do this."
After this he lays her in bed and leaves the girl behind.

⏳⌛

Anne puts in a new tape and this time the next person to have killed Hannah Baker was Sheri.

Anne was halfway through her tape when her father comes storming into her room with an angry expression.
He begins shouting at the poor girl.
"What the hell have you done, you demon child!"
He throws a paper towards her and when Anne picks it up and looks at it she sees the sight of her father kissing a woman. But it wasn't her mother.
Above the pictures was a message writing with red ink.
"You killed our family and now it's your turn." the girl read out loud.
Her father grabs her chin harshly leaning forward.
"Did you do this?! Is this part of some sick revenge plan of yours?!"
The man was getting angrier and angrier by the minute.
"No, father. Please I didn't do anything, I swear." the girl cried out.
In the next moment you could only hear the slap that was given to Anne on her cheek.
"I should have sent you away. Too bad no one wants you."
Her father then walks out, slamming the door behind him.

Anne gets up after a moment sitting in utter silence. You could only hear the soft sobs coming out of the girl's mouth.
She quietly walks out of her house and out of the gate into the streets.
She starts playing Sheri's tape further.
After a short while it began to rain and Anne immediately regrets walking out without changing.
The poor girl was just walking in her short night dress
At this point the girl is shivering from the cold.

When she heard Hannah speak about that night Jeff died, Anne began to cry even more. She could have saved his life if she just went along with him or drove the car.
The tears kept coming and Anne was breaking down right there.

The rain was getting heavier and heavier just like Anne's tears.
She throws of her headphones in anger. She could have saved them.
Hannah, Jeff even Anthony.
She could have saved them but just like her father said, she was a useless, loveless and deviant child who shouldn't have the privilege of having a life while others like her dead friends deserved it much more.

Without knowing it, Anne had walked the familiar route she had walked just a few weeks ago. She walked the streets towards the only one she felt at peace with and she didn't even know.
She just stands at a corner of a street crying her eyes out while getting colder by the second.
She felt like she was at the edge of falling apart and never being able to pick herself up.

"Anne?"

The crying girl turns around and there stood the boy she needed most in this moment.

A few feet away stood the one and only Tyler Down looking concerned at the girl that just walked past his house.