°10. Dance The Night Away°

⏳⌛

When Anne entered the gym she looked around with big eyes.
It was so crowded she would never find Hannah or anyone familiar.
"Well shit, off to a great start Anne."
She mentally facepalmed herself.
The girl stood still for a while losing hope of having a great night.

That was until she heard the click of a camera going off nearby.
Turning her head she saw the one and only Tyler Down taking pictures of her.
Anne smiled in relief, having found a friend.
When she walked towards her friend, he began smiling nervously at her.

"Hey Anne, you uhh you look beautiful tonight."

She smiled while looking down admiring her red dress.
"Well you don't look too bad on this evening either, mister Down."
He smiled again while looking at one of the most beautiful persons to walk on this earth.
"Are you alone?"
Anne shook her head in response.
"I was supposed to meet up with Hannah but the place is so crowded I can't see a damn face that looks even remotely like Hannah's so yeah I guess I'm alone."

"C'mon, I'll help you find her so someone atleast has a great night."
He held out his hand for hers to take and she gladly accepted.

The two kids walked in between dancing teenagers but at last Tyler's eyes spotted a lonely Hannah sitting on the bleachers.
He tugged on Anne's hand and gestured towards her friend.
"Oh I can't thank you enough, Tyler."
He just smiled and left the girl shortly after.

While Anne was walking towards Hamnah, she saw Jeff on the other side of the gym walking towards Clay.
Anne nodded her head at the boy and Jeff just winked back at her.

"Hey girlfriend, why are you sitting here all alone so sad?"
Hannah's eyes lit up after hearing Anne's voice.
She was glad there was someone here she knew she could trust after what Courtney did.
"Hey, you finally made it."
Anne sat next to her friend while proceeding to look at her.
"Yeah I just couldn't spot that pretty face of yours between all these wild teenagers."
Hannah smiled sadly at her friend.
Anne noticed and immediatly wrapped her arms around Hannah.
"Hey, what's wrong? Did Courtney do something?"
Hannah just shook her head.
"No, no it's nothing. No worries Anne."
Anne nodded and looked back up across the gym.
Jeff was talking to Clay and he started getting up.
Anne's smile widened even more and looked back at her friends in her arms.
"I know what will cheer you up."
Hannah looked up.
"Get your ass of these damn bleachers and dance the noght away with a certain Clay Jensen."
Hannah laughed and shook her head.
"No way, why would he want that?"

"Well Han, since he's walking this way and his eyes are set on you."
She pulled her friend of the bleachers and pushed her lightly towards the boy walking to them.
"Go get him, tiger."
Hannah just rolled her eyes in a playful manner and started walking towards the boy she called Helmet.

When the two kids stood there in the middle and started dancing, it was time for Anne to walk towards her own friend Jeff.
The two stood next to eachother while watching their friends dancing along to the music.

"Well, Atkins. I must say we did it."
He agreed and the two fist-bumped eachother still gazing at their friends.
"You know Anne, we should start a business. J and A, for those in need of getting into a relationship."
Anne laughed loudly.
"You're such a weirdo sometimes, Atkins and I love it."
He smiled while looking at his friend beside him.
Anne lightly nudged him in his side.
"Now mister, you are going to dance aswell. Go and get your girl amd make sure she has an amazing night, dancing with you."
He layed his arm across her shoulder while sighing.
"Only if you get your camera-boy and have an amazing night with him. Have a little fun for yourself Anne."

She nodded and shoved her friend away.
"Now go, before the poor girl is already gone."

A new song began to play and Anne thought it was beautiful.
She thought it was something called like 'the night we met.'
When she turned around she saw Tyler standing there taking pictures but not having a great time himself.
She walked towards him and tapped the back of his shoulder.
When the boy turned around and saw it was her his smile went up in an instant.
"What do you say Tyler, shall we dance?"

He took her extended hand while leaving his cameras behind.
Whrn they got on the dancefloor the softly began dancing in eachothers arms.
When Anne looked beside her she saw Jeff smiling at her in the distance.
He pit his thumbs up and smiled at her in a sheepish way.
She just shook her head while smiling before turning back her attention to the boy holding her waist.
That was the night that the two kids danced the night away while being in eachother's arms. And it was one of the most wonderful nights of both their lives.

⏳⌛

Anne sat crying on her bed remembering the night of the winter formal.
Maybe if she went looking for Hannah earlier instead of being around Tyler she might have saved her friend from the hurt, Courtney put her through.
Anne was so blind to see the real hurt Hannah was going through because of what? A boy named Tyler?
Anne sighed while putting in a new tape.
Another part of Hannah's story and another person responsible for her death.

"Welcome to your tape, Marcus Cole."

Ohw great this asshole.