One Left Behind

I know, I know this is not like the first description of the story but...

You'll find out why.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I... I object, father!" I said in my daydream in my head as I walked on the aisle towards the altar.

Today is my wedding day!

Before I used to believe that everyone has a chance to fall in love, and live happily ever after.

But now, as I walk down this aisle towards the altar.

Towards the man I just met.

Towards the decision I never made.

Towards the choice I know I'll never be happy.

Yet even though, even the man I love is leaving.

I know...

I know he'll be happy somewhere, somewhere his love isn't forbidden.

Somewhere as he chase his dreams, he'll meet some lucky girl that will complete his life.

Someone who he can fight for.

I stood before the man who gives his arm to take, he smiles at me and whispers compliments of how beautiful I am today.

His a fine man, but I know I can never take my heart back to the jerk that took it.

Cause I don't need a fine man nor a great one. All I damn need is the jerk that effin stole my heart since day one.

I tangled my arm around his and smiled.

We walked towards the altar and faced the priest.

"I love you." He whispered.

I miss him already, I wish your the one I'm gonna marry.

A tear slid down my cheek as I closed my eyes and sighed.

"We have gathered here today—"

How many people have heard that, how many people believe that all people that's getting married really loves each other?

I used to believe that I was always the one left behind, but I never knew the feeling until then when the two of us said, goodbye.

Like he used to say...

"Someday we'll meet again, and we will never part again.

Through infinity and beyond."