Chapter Eighty-Five: Obito

A/N: okay, so you may find this photo strange, but.... I found it on Pinterest while I was browsing it randomly, and I don't know but... I just love this drawing art style and the colours used, and the thing is I can perfectly imagine Mai instead of Iruka (bacause I don't particularly ship Irukaka but maybe some of you do, idk), and so that's why I wanted to share it with you! 

Anyway, I hope you'll like this chapter!! :)

🌸🌸🌸

Naruto and Akira had been fighting against Obito for a while now alongside Kakashi and Gai, Gyūki and Killer Bee as well. 

And by now, all of the allied Shinobi forces had appeared by their side to help them. 

Naruto was wondering about Mai. He was somehow worried about her, not that he wasn't worried for Tsunade and the other Kage, but Mai still hadn't come back while everyone else was here and with his Sage mode activated he could sense that her chakra reserves had dramatically lowered... And he had figured out that she must still have been fighting against the real Madara. And he had promised her father that he would protect her, so he really hoped that nothing would happen to her while he wasn't there to help her. 

Speaking of the devil....

Mai suddenly appeared right in front of him and Akira who was standing on his right side. 

"Godaime-Mai!!!" he exclaimed, expressing both happiness and relief.

"Sorry Naruto, but we have no time for talking right now," she said before turning around swiftly to face them both. 

Naruto gave her an earnest look. 

"Akira, I need you to refill my chakra reserves, please. I used too much of my chakra during my fight against Madara... And I need to go back there to heal Kaa-Chan and the other Kage. They are all seriously injured," Mai explained briefly.

Naruto's brows furrowed. He knew he should have helped them fight against the real Madara. 

Akira nodded before she started healing her, using the Strength of a Hundred Seals. 

Meanwhile, Mai was internally full of anxiety. She could clearly see that Obito and Kakashi were nearby but didn't dare look at any of them. So she just stared blankly into space, waiting for Akira to be done with her healing. 

Naruto just watched his sister heal her, his gaze going back and forth from his sister to Mai. 

As for Obito, he was seemingly surprised to see Mai appear here all of a sudden. 

"So she managed to get out from my Kamui dimension...." he could only note as he was frowning at her. "It seems like I underrated you, Mai...."

"Mai...." Kakashi whispered wide eyed. 

But the woman totally ignored them both. And Kakashi didn't dare make the first move. 

"I'll go heal them, Godaime-sama," Akira said at some point as she was still giving her chakra to Mai, breaking the silence.

Naruto somehow looked surprised as the red-haired girl said that.

"Thank you, Akira, but I'll be able to do it."

"I know. But you should stay here now. We need you here."

"......"

"You will need your chakra to fight again. Things are not that good here, you know. And even after healing you, I'll still have enough chakra to heal all of them. And I can use the Flying Thunder God Technique too," she pointed out.