Chapter Eighty-Four: End of the Fight?

So the fight between Mai and Madara continued for a long while, Mai using her Mokuton while Madara had been using his Susanoo again.

Wood Release: Advent of a World of Flowering Trees

She use this technique at some point, making sure that the pollen wouldn't affect her mother. 

But Madara's Susanoo reacted swiftly before Madara could get affected by the pollen and used its tremendous sword to cut the tree branches to stop the pollen from spreading more.

"I should have used this technique against her before she thought about using it...." Madara said to himself.

But then a small smirk appeared on his face. 

"She can practically use all the same techniques as Hashirama, except that she doesn't have Sage Art," he noted.

Mai used her Mokuton again to immobilise his Susanoo once again so it couldn't attack any longer. 

Anyway, the pollen started penetrating the Susanoo's defences pretty soon. But Madara wouldn't let himself be affected by it. Hashirama had already used this technique against him in the past, and he had always found a way to counter it. 

And Mai should have figured this out. 

So he eventually managed to cut all of the tree branches.

Anyway, after that Mai could no longer use her Mokuton. By now, her chakra reserves had dramatically lowered (Well, she wasn't Ashura's reincarnation and was only half Senju, so yeah..). So she would have to rely on her Taijutsu and Senju strength. And on her speed as well. 

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I can't use my Mokuton anymore," she shouted loud enough so he could hear her. 

And he did. And he didn't really look pleased. 

"So we'll have to fight each other using hand to hand combat only. So deal with it," she added but didn't shout this time.

Madara deactivated his Susanoo quickly after her statement. 

"Don't tell me this fight is already over. You're the closest fighter to Hashirama's level that I could find, so I intend to draw out the pleasure of it."

"No, I just said that we would have to use Taijutsu, unless you want to keep on using your ninjutsu or Susanoo."

"I could. But, I'd like to see if your Taijutsu is as good as your ninjutsu. So that's a good occasion. When we first started fighting, I could not really see how good it really was."

"Fine, let's go on then. I don't want this fight to last infinitely though," Mai stated.

"Why are you in such a rush? Are you implying that I am not worth your time?"

"No, that's not what I meant. I just want this war to end as soon as possible."

"Hn. You should enjoy the adrenaline of the fight while you still can... I do not think that you will ever have the chance again to fight against someone like me."

But Mai couldn't care less about the adrenaline and pleasure of fighting. She just wanted to spend time with her daughter and lover and the rest of her family and friends. She wanted peace. And she wished that Obito being alive was a nightmare and that he was really dead.It would have made things much simpler. Rather die as a hero than staying alive and become evil. And she didn't know how she would react when facing him once he would stop pretend being Madara... 

"I am aware of this, but.... To be honest, fighting has never been my passion. I only fight because I have to. So this is more than a burden than anything else to me."