Chapter Thirty-Six: Mai, the next Hokage!

The small group were back at Tanzaku quarters by now. Akira was still resting in a room while Naruto was watching on her. As for Mai and her family, they were all gathered in Mai's room.

"So what do we do about him now?" Shizune asked the whole group, referring to Orochimaru of course.

Everyone seemed to be thinking about it for a little while, frustration still somehow present, especially as regards Jiraiya and Tsunade.

Mai could understand it, well not fully; but that man used to be their teammate, and friend, once.

She really wondered how she would cope about that if one of her friends was to turn out like this...

"We do nothing for now." Tsunade eventually spoke up somehow in a stern voice. "We need to have information about his hideouts."

"So we need to go back to the village now." Mai added solemnly.

Silence followed Mai's words.

"We should wait for Akira to be rested before going there." Jiraiya told her after a few instants.

"I know, but we should go back as soon as possible. Perhaps they have some intel about him."

"It can wait. No need to be in such a hurry. He certainly won't be bale to do anything before a while anyway." Tsunade reminded hem.

Mai looked at her mother thoughtfully for a while.

"What are you afraid of?" Mai asked her calmly.

"Afraid? Me? I'm not afraid of anything."

However, someone suddenly burst into the room, interrupting their little conversation.

"Everyone! Akira is finally awake!" Naruto exclaimed like a madman.

Everybody stared at him for a few seconds in silence.

"Then we can go back to the village now." Mai just stated plainly.

"No. I suggest we wait." Tsunade countered still in a stern voice.

"But why should we wait any longer? Now that we fought against that Orochimaru guy and that he is not a threat for us anymore we have to go back now!" Naruto argued.

"The village can wait." Tsunade bluntly replied. "Nothing is gonna happen while we are not there. Since Orochimaru isn't a threat to the village for now." She added, pointing out the last sentence.

"But you forget that I've won my bet." Naruto proudly stated.

"No, you haven't!" Tsunade protested.

"Yes I have. I did manage to make a complete Rasengan, even if that Orochimaru guy dodged it. Mai and Shizune can tell you so, they witnessed it."

"That's true Kaa-San." Mai confirmed.

"Yes, I saw it too." Shizune confirmed as well.

"So that means that Mai is going to become the Godaime Hokage dattebayo! So we have no time to waste!" Naruto spoke up.

Tsunade clenched her fist and jaw, being not happy at all with the fact that she had just lost her bet. If she could've she would have beaten the hell out of the boy. But she wasn't alone. 

Mai didn't really care about the obvious antagonism between the two of them; she didn't wish to take any side. In all honesty there was another major problem that was worrying her now: the Akatsuki. 

That was actually the main reason why she wanted to go back to Konoha as quickly as possible. The village needed stability immediately... Otherwise who knows who could happen... What if they tried to attack Naruto and Akira again?