Chapter Fifty-Seven: Wind and Water

Mai was still looking for both Naruto and Akira when she bumped into Sai.

"Godaime-Sama, I've been looking for you," he said to her, without even bothering to greet her.

"For?" Mai asked him.

"I know you've already appointed Akira to replace Sasuke, but I have a favor to ask you. I would like to remain into Team Seven temporarily if that's possible."

"And why if I may ask? To try to kill Sasuke again like Danzō asked you to because you failed the first time?"

"No. My decision has nothing to do with killing Sasuke or with Danzō-Sama."

"And so why should I grant your request?"

"You may not believe me but I was so intrigued by Naruto and that bond he shares with Sasuke that I'd like to know more, about feelings."

Mai was looking at him as if trying to sound out his soul.

If he remained on Team Seven, Danzō could still ask him to complete secret missions or do some other things that she would disapprove of. Yet, he seemed to be sincere, without any ulterior motive. And maybe as a Root member, spending some time with a real team could only do good to him, just like for Akira.

"Alright, you have my permission to remain on team Seven as a member in your own right."

"Thank you Godaime-Sama," Sai said giving her a bright smile.

"No need to thank me. If I've chosen to make you a member of Team Seven, it's because you're worth it;" Mai simply replied.

"You won't regret your decision, Godaime-Sama."

"I hope so," Mai said after giving him a faint smile. "Well, while you're still here, do you happen to have seen Naruto or Akira?"

"Naruto is hanging out with Sakura, but as for Akira I haven't seen her yet today."

Oh yeah, Mai had forgotten about that too.

"Thank you."

"By the way, I heard that Kakashi-Sensei should get out of the hospital soon."

"Oh yes, that's right. He's going to leave today. You can go see him if you wish."

Sai nodded.

"Well, I have to go now if you'll excuse me."

"Not that I mean to pry, but why are you looking for Naruto and Akira Godaime-Sama?"

"I need to teach them both a new technique."

"So that they can bring Sasuke back?"

"Yes and no. To be honest, I had in mind to teach them this technique so that they'll both become even stronger in order to defeat Akatsuki members."

"Oh I see."

"Well, I'll certainly see you agin soon for a new mission, Sai. Good bye," Mai said before walking away.

"Goodbye, Godaime-Sama;" Sai said loud enough so she could hear it.

After a while, Mai finally found Naruto and Sakura who were at Ichiraku Ramen.

"Here you are," Mai said so that the two would acknolege her presence.

"Godaime-Mai, what are you doing here? You're already done with Kakashi-Sensei?" Naruto asked her seemingly surprised.

"Yes. And I've been looking for you."

"For me? What for?"

"Well, you see, I have something very important to show you now."