Chapter Eighty: Tsunade, The New Godaime Hokage/Uzumaki family reunion

The search for Mai had been unsuccessful. Karin, Shikamaru, and Kakashi, along with his dogs had kept looking for her for entire days. But they had soon figured out Obito's strategy so they couldn't be found. Even with Karin as a sensor and the dogs, this had been a real challenge for them..... And since they had to prepare for the oncoming war they couldn't keep looking for too long. Shikamaru had ended up saying that they should go back to the village to go get back up. So they went back to the village soon after Tsunade had woken up. 

Once they were back, Kakashi had told Tsunade that her daughter had been kidnapped by the Akatsuki leader after the Kage Summit. And he had also informed her about the Fourth Great Ninja War. Of course, he couldn't have told the lady that her daughter had deliberately chosen to follow the Uchiha man. 

Of course Tsunade was extremely worried for her daughter, and mad at the man who had dared do that, and the only thing she could think about was to go find the man himself and kill him on the spot. Shizune had been trying to make her calm down, which was quite a hard task.

Then Kakashi had told her that as long as Mai couldn't be found they would need someone as Hokage to replace her. 

Tsunade had thought about it, for a very long time. 

Her daughter being kidnapped.... What an awful thought... And the village was now without a Hokage.... She was praying silently that Mai was okay...

Tsunade had finally decided after a long while of reflexion that she would replace her daughter as Godaime Hokage (Yes, she didn't want to be named Rokudaime Hokage. So she kind of replaced her daughter unofficially given the circumstances.)

(And in case you are wondering, Karin was jailed in the end, since Mai was not here any longer to prevent that).

And so when the Kage met again, she was the one to go there with Shikaku as her advisor. She told the Kage about Mai's being kidnapped by the Akatsuki and just told them that she would temporarily replace her daughter as Hokage. 

Everyone was shocked upon learning this sudden piece of news, but they had to stay strong and united. 

"This Madara...." The Tsuchikage said. "Kidnapping the descendant of the Shodai Hokage... What a better way to weaken us as the war is about to start..."

Yes, of course, with her abilities and strength, she was the perfect target...

Kakashi wanted to go back looking for her but Tsunade told him not to. If anything, she should have gone herself but couldn't. So instead, she agreed with the other Kage to send a special team composed of shinobi from the five different nations to go look after her.

However while they were in the middle of their meeting, a shinobi from Konoha entered the room in a hurry. 

"Tsunade-Sama! We've just received this scroll..."

"A scroll? What does it say?" Tsunade inquired.   

"I don't know. I haven't looked at it yet..."

Tsunade stood up swiftly and approached the person.

"Give it to me!"

"Yes.. Here you go."

Tsunade took it and unrolled the scroll. 

Her eyes widened when she saw what was written on it. 

"Infiltration....?" 

"What is it, Hime?" The Tscuhikage inquired.

Tsunade really hoped that it didn't mean what she thought this word meant... 

What was making her even more afraid was that everything was written with blood. So that means... Her daughter's blood...