Chapter Thirty: Departure

Mai was going to the Uchiha compound. She needed answers. 

She made her way there very carefully because she knew that the Uchiha didn't like it very much when non-Uchiha entered the compound. She had never understood why though. Even if it was their compound it was part of the village. And she didn't see why anyone shouldn't move there freely. But that wasn't the point now.

Once she had reached the entrance she waited and hid behind a wall, masking her chakra just in case. She knew people would easily recognize her and she didn't need that. She had to be as discreet as possible. 

She waited for a little while before entering there, as casually as possible. However, no one seemed to have noticed her, almost as if she were invisible. At least for now. 

But that didn't last very long...

"Hey, look what we have here..." A male voice said mischievously.

It didn't sound very old. 

"The daughter of a legendary Sannin and the great-granddaughter of that dear Shodai Hokage."

"What is some scum like you doing here?" 

Mai slowly turned so that she was facing the guy who had said that. There were actually several of them. It was a small group of five boys that were more or less the same age as her.

Mai glared at said guy intently. She didn't know what was wrong with him. And she didn't wish to know. 

"You have no business to do here, so you'd better leave now!" The guy exclaimed, getting angry at her.

Mai remained unimpressed, her gaze hard and stoic. She wasn't someone you could easily intimidate (as you already know).

She had expected not to remain unnoticed for long. It would have been too good to be true. 

"Did you hear what I just said??!! Move!!! Or we'll deal with you!!!!" The same guy shouted as he was becoming extremely impatient.

Silence hung in the air, making tension rise even more.

"Don't worry, I'm not intending to remain here for too long. I just have something to check." Mais stated plainly.

"Oh, really? Well, that's not gonna be possible, you see. Don't you think we know why you are here?" 

Mai was clearly annoyed by now. 

"Is it that obvious?" She said wryly.

"Shut up!!! Don't you dare use that tone with us!!!" Another one of them exclaimed.

"We know you don't like us! The whole village is blaming us Uchiha for the massacre of that rotten night! And the leaders have always been distrustful toward us!"

Mai shrugged carelessly. 

"I guess they have good reasons to be. Otherwise they wouldn't be." Mai said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

That was the last stroke on the camel's back for the group of boys.

"You little shit!!!"

"Damn Senju bastard!!! How dare you..."

"We're gonna show you what the real Uchiha powers are!! And don't you dare underestimate us!!!" 

So that's how Uchiha really are... They were nothing like Obito...

"Be careful about what you say..." Mai said threateningly. 

They were going too far.

"Oh, I am dead scare.. Booboo-Oooh! Please don't hurt me!" One said mockingly.