El Carnival~ (Tsundere!Larry Johnson x Timid!Reader

WELCOME TO THE WINNING FIC MY DUDES

Who's ready for some cuteness~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

I keep my head down quietly as I walk into school, a new school I barely know, and I am terrified. I've only been going here for three months now, yet I still barely know anyone in this school. The only person I can think of that I know is Larry, even though he's kind of harsh towards me. He's a nice person underneath, I can tell he's not really that mean inside. I lift my head to see Larry standing next to his best friend Sally, I quietly walk up to them lifting my gaze fully. "Good morning Larry..." I smile timidly at him, but he just scoffs turning his head away from, his best friend turns to me politely. "Good morning (Y/n), did you get the homework for math class done?"

I nod slightly lifting the folder in my arms up slightly, my gaze keeps shifting back to Larry who is still looking away with a slight scowl. "Larry I was wondering if you'd like to come to the carnival with me, I have two tickets and thought it'd be fun. There will be fireworks at the end of the night" He shifts his gaze towards me still scowling, yet I don't flinch, I just continue to smile timidly at him. "Why the hell would I come to a stupid carnival, what do I look like? A five-year old?" I fidget with my finger's lightly the awkwardness starting to butt its head in, I am not truly sure why he's so harsh to me. "Well Sally mentioned you were thinking about going but didn't have enough for tickets, so I got us tickets..." He tightens his grip on his arms letting out a loud scoff, turning his head away from me again.

"Go find someone else, I am sure you can find someone else to go to that stupid carnival with you. " He walks away leaving me alone with Sally, a quiet sigh escapes my lips as I watch him go. I know he's really kind inside why does he act so mean to me, I just want to be closer to him. "Don't worry about him (y/n), not really sure why he's acting like this though" He gazes down the hall towards where Larry wandered off to, I smile fondly gripping my folder a bit tighter. If only he could let me get closer to him, I just want to get to know the real him. The one I see from afar when he's just with his friends, I suppose I will have to find different person to go with me to the carnival.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP TO LUNCH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into the cafeteria looking around at the crowds of people, who would possibly want to go to a carnival with me? Chug would go for the food, but I am sure he'll be going with Maple, Sally said he wasn't interested in going when he told me about Larry wanting to go. Todd surely wouldn't want to go to a carnival, way too childish for a man of science like him. Perhaps Ash will go with me to the carnival, she's always been nice to me. I make my way over to Ash as she enters the cafeteria, seeing me approaching she stops smiling. "Hey (y/n), what's up?" I pull my backpack off my shoulders pulling the carnival tickets out, she tilts her head to read the tickets in my hands.

"Do you want to come to the Carnival with me tonight? I asked Larry to go, but he shut me down..." She purses her lips crossing her arms looking around the cafeteria then grabs my shoulders turning me towards Travis who's sitting in the corner of the cafeteria, why is she pointing me towards Travis? "I can't go but I heard Travis said he wanted to go, why not ask him to go" Travis is so mean to people though, but perhaps I could make friends with him and make him stop being as mean. It's not like I got anything to lose for asking, no one else wants to go with me. I quietly nod to her and walk across the cafeteria anxiously, stopping in front of Travis with my head lowered timidly.

"U-Uh hey Travis, I was told you wanted to go to the carnival?" He looks up at me with a suspicious look, he's never been horribly cruel to me like he is to the others, but he's still kinda mean. "Yeah, what about it?" I hold up the tickets quietly, I don't really want to go to the carnival with him though. Maybe we'll still have fun even if we're not that alike, I open my mouth to speak when I feel an arm around my shoulder. "There you are you idiot, I thought we were supposed to be talking about the Carnival at lunch" I look up to see Larry scowling at Travis, my eyes trail his arm seeing its around my shoulders. My face flushes red in surprise, he's never once touched my hand let alone put his arm around me.