Pure Beyond Belief (Larry Johnson x FallenAngel!Reader)(p4)

HELLO MY BEAUTIES, YOU VOTED SO HERE IT IS

CHAPTER 4 OF THE ANGEL X READER ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Larry's POV

A throbbing pain pounds in my head, the smell of rust and ember burning in the back of my nostrils. This strong nausea taking over my body, what is going on? Okay I just need to take a moment to think, I came home to (y/n) and we had a moment together. Then I tried taking the chains off with the silver cross, after that everything went black. The bitter taste of rotting flesh on my tongue, then it's washing away in a wave when (y/n) touched me. I am afraid to open my eyes, what if when I open them I can't see anything. That life would be hell to adjust to, especially since I am an artist. I can't stay here forever though, I got to wake up from this haze and lift my head.

I slowly open my eyes, cringing at the light. After blinking for a few seconds my vision comes back to me, that burning scent melts away and a sense of calmness hits me. Turning to the window I can see its pitch black outside, I must have slept way into the night. Why is my bedroom light on at this time of night though, I slowly sit up my body aching from the strain that I had placed on it. "You... wake?" I turn towards that sweet voice to see (y/n) sitting on the ground next to the bed, she has a dictionary in her lap open to a random page. "Yeah... I am up, are you alright?" I reach over placing my hand on her head softly, she accepts this touch and nuzzles into the palm of my hand.

I am afraid to look at her wings, if this didn't work I don't know where to even start for my next try of getting them off. She moves the dictionary off her lap and stands up, she seems to be glowing right now. I've never seen her so happy, yet she's not showed anything to distinctly show she's happy. "look look!" She turns around showing her back towards me, the chains that once wrapped around her perfect wings have begun to crumble and break away. Dark burns remain where the chains once stood, how much pain did these things cause for her? I need to get the final pieces of these off, reaching over the side of my bed I grab a random shirt and begin pulling away the broken chains. I can feel the burning heat through the fabric, as the chains fall away they disappear into a black haze.

That same rotting taste coats the inside of my mouth as I pull away the final piece of chain, the second I remove the chain she stretches her wings out wide. They are quite large but fold up a decent amount, they are beautiful and pure like the clouds in the sky. It pains me to see these burns on her delicate wings, with the chains gone now I can treat the burns at least. "Does this hurt, the burns I mean..." I reach out and gently brush my fingers against her wings, they are soft like silk yet feel slightly fluffy like a tiny kitten. The feeling is kind of addicting, I could sit here all day and pet her wings like this. "It no... hurt too bad..." Her English has gotten a little better in the hours since I fell asleep, it's astonishing that she is able to learn a new language so easily.

"You can understand me now?" She folds her wings back to her body and turns to face me, she really does glow like the sun. This warmth she's giving off is making my stomach twist, I have to get myself together she's probably going to go home soon. "Some hard, still learn. Speak difficult." So she's learned to understand words, but she can't say them properly, well that is a lot better than not being able to understand each other at all. "Well you just need to practice, no better practice than experience." I try to stand up from bed but I crumple over, my legs have gone entirely numb and I didn't notice? I pinch my leg and feel a slight twinge of pain, it's like I can only feel an echo of what I am supposed to. The feeling is slowly coming back but my body feels weird, it is probably the after effect of the taint.

She runs over and picks up my sketch book then runs back to my side, sitting down on the edge of the bed she opens it to the later pages. "I draw flowers! See?" She excitedly shows me nice drawings of different flowers, there is a poppy, a tulip, a babysbreath. The one I like the most is the lily she drew, the petals are so softly shaded, it looks like I could just pick it up off the page. "Wow these are fucking amazing, man you are a great artist!" She gives me a glowing smile, her childlike excitement for the smallest of things is so endearing. It makes me feel kind of sad though, she'll be leaving soon and I'll never see her again. They might even take my memories of her away from me, why does this hurt so badly I don't know much about her.