From the first letter (Sal Fisher x Sad!Artist!reader)

ELLO AGAIN MY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!! Today I bring you a soulmate AU of sallyface.

It's a pretty common one, at the age of 15 if they write on their body the words or pictures will appear temporarily on their soulmates body where they write it until the day they share their first kiss!

This'll be from sal's pov for the most part~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sal's P.O.V

Cursive letters curved so beautifully across my wrist as if each letter was a work of art that needed the perfect touch, I could tell from the first letter I had ever seen written on my body that the person who was supposed to be my soulmate was special. They clearly cared a lot for art since now and then I'd see little doodles appear on my arms and legs. What the drawings were would vary from time to time, sometimes it was flowers, sometimes it was little doodles of animals. But the drawing's they'd do that I'd love the most is the beautiful macabre portraits.

The first drawing they ever did was one of those macabre portraits, it was on the side of my leg left. A beautiful woman staring off to the side with the wind blowing through her hair, the shading was done so carefully and precisely that I know it must have taken her hours to complete. Next to the woman was a skull with a rose carefully drawn inside its eye socket, thorny vines wrapping around the skull digging into the old worn out bone. When that drawing appeared I knew I had to show Larry and Ash since they both love art, Larry was left absolutely awestruck at the beautiful piece portrayed on my leg.

As for Ash she took a photo of my leg, so I forever could remember that first drawing that appeared on my body, I could never get the guts to reply to them, yet they never stopped sending me such beautiful drawings and letters. They didn't deserve someone like me as a soul mate, someone so broken and hideous, while they are a beautiful angel. I could tell by their words how beautiful they are, not just outside but on the inside too. They'd send me letters that filled my heart with deep sorrow, the describing details of the pain they feel in their heart. I look at my arm as the beautiful cursive letters continue to appear one by one covering my entire forearm with the delicate letters.

"Each moment reaping my soul, even though I stand tall I am hollow inside. No one to call my own, nowhere to call my home just a bitter cold pain filling my heart. If only I wasn't this ugly maybe someone could love me, maybe if I wasn't so quiet someone would listen to me. They tease me every day, I write away my pain to a soul who has never once responded. Are you even there, are you even alive anymore? I couldn't know if I even tried, I hope you're doing better than I am over there. Where ever you are I hope you find happiness in whatever you find even if that happiness....isn't with me" I feel tears drip down my face under my mask, staring at the words on my arm as they lose their delicate touch and become slowly shakier.

Why couldn't I just bring myself to write them back, they clearly feel so much pain because of me. What I saw next sent my blood running cold, a small drawing on the palm of my hand. Yet another one of their beautiful macabre drawings but this time it was familiar, the person in that drawing was me. It was unmistakably me, there wasn't anyone else I had ever met who looked like me but that left me to wonder. Where is my soul mate and how do they know what I look like, do they go to my school or have they just seen me in the streets as they passed by? Did they know it was me that they were drawing on their hand and not just some random stranger that they never gave a second glance?

I quickly get up from my bed rushing out of my bedroom nearly tripping over gizmo as I try to get to the elevator to go show Larry. "Sal? Is that you?" I stop turning to my dad's room as the door opens, he steps out of the room looking tired as ever "Yeah dad, I am just heading to Larry's." He opens his mouth to speak but notices the black letters on my forearm underneath my sleeve, he nods quietly stepping back towards his bedroom "Make sure you don't stay up too late buddy, you got school tomorrow" I nod in response and rush out the door pulling out my walkie-talkie pressing the button "Larry face!"