A little hand, big changes Sal Fisher x Little!Orphan!Reader (p1)

Sup boi's here we have a nonromantic fic, I was going to have it as a one shot but I've decided to make it longer cause I like it a lot. I hope you guys do too!

Don't forget to comment and fave <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sal's p.o.v

I step out of the grocery store, some bags on my hands after doing some late night shopping. I walk down the street quietly, enjoying the empty streets. The bright street lights illuminate the path head of me, but they aren't bright enough to drown out the sparkling stars in the sky, I take in the beautiful view as I continue on my way home. I begin to hear rustling to my right, so I turn, a few feet head of me is the opening to an alleyway. Maybe there was a stray cat, I step forward peering into the small alleyway looking around. It looks like any normal alleyway, brick walls and trash all over the ground. A dumpster sitting against the wall near the entrance, what wasn't normal is the small body hanging out of the top of the dumpster. It looks to be a little girl, no older than six years old. Her body is dirty, and she's got scratches all over herself, her clothing is torn up, and she's wearing no shoes.

"Hello?" I step forward towards the girl causing her to fall out of the dumpster she had been digging through, she looks up at me with big (e/c) eyes. I move a bit closer to her, but she stands up and flees into the dark alley, it's not that long, so I can see the end is a dead end. I slowly walk down the alley getting closer to the girl, she's now sitting in the corner of the alley shivering from fear. Now that I am closer I can tell she's extremely thin, that likely explains why she was in the garbage. She was looking for any scraps of food she can get, her hair is matted and dirty clearly needed to be combed. "I am not going to hurt you, it's okay" I am probably not the best person for this, considering my mask is probably scary to her. I reach my hand out causing her to flinch, stopping I step back a bit kneeling down. She looks as if she hasn't eaten anything for days, opening my bag of snacks I pull out a candy bar Larry had asked for. I am sure he'll understand, he's always been kind.

"You hungry? Here, you can have this" I toss the candy bar to her feet remaining still, she looks at me quietly then down to the candy bar. Slowly she reaches over snatching the candy bar bringing it to her chest, ripping it open she scarfs it down quickly. It's clearly not enough food but I have nothing else that might be filling enough on me, it's freezing outside, and she's wearing no shoes or jacket. It was in the forecast that there was to be 8 to 10 inches of snow tonight, I can't just leave her out here like this. I stand up straight looking to her, I slowly reach my hand out again hoping not to scare her. Quickly she gets up rushing over to me clinging to my pants leg, I look down at her surprised at the sudden change of heart. Had no one offered her food before, that's horrible how long has she been out here. "You want to come with me, I can get you a bath and something else to eat okay?" She looks up at me quietly clinging tightly to my leg, I bend over sliding my hands under her arms.

She loosens her grip on my leg and allows me to pick her up, she's as light as a feather. I unzip my jacket and place her inside against my chest zipping it back up almost all the way, leaving some room for her head to stick out. I make sure her feet are tucked into the jacket then turn and begin walking out of the alley, she shivers with fear not exactly feeling safe exiting the alley. I place my hand against her back rubbing it gently, snow has begun to sprinkle lightly from the sky. It was supposed to become a thick blizzard which means I need to hurry home, rushing down the sidewalk I soon enough get to the outer part of town. Streetlights are less common maybe 200 feet apart, the snow has like predicted already gotten thicker. The wind chill has picked up causing her to shiver, she pulls her head into my jacket trying to keep warm. I zip up my jacket fully, so she can stay warm, I see the house ahead of us the lights glowing through the flurries of snow.