Smiles for me sunshine Travis x HalfComa!reader

Sup, It's ya boi again back at you again with another request

this time we got Travis, now hold your pitchforks back. He's a misunderstood baby, just give him a chance. This was requested by Snekasne! So I hope you enjoy guys  MIZ-SENPAI OUT! *yeets myself out a window*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reader's P.O.V

I climb out of my bed groaning quietly, my body is stiff from all the bruises. If anyone else saw that they'd wonder what's going on but even bruised had a moment, I didn't mind so much. I climb out of my bed and begin removing my pajamas, another chilly day outside I should probably wear a sweater. I open my dresser drawer pulling out my favorite pink sweater, I love this sweater to bits though some people would tend to question why. I never answer them, I just smile like always. I get dressed and grab my backpack, it was going to be a good day I can feel it. I walk out of my bedroom humming as I go down the hall, I live alone and have for a long time. It is lonely here but at least I don't have to deal with my toxic abusive family, I am okay with my new reality no matter how rough it is. I walk to the glass display sitting on my kitchen counter, I pull out a plastic container.

Maybe he'll like today's sweet's, I am dedicated to making something he'll love that will make him smile. I grab a raspberry chocolate cupcake and a blueberry danish from the tray of baked goods I made placing them into the container sealing it, opening my fridge I notice how empty it is. I barely had food in my house, I used a lot of my money I had to bake for Travis, even if he tended to just smack the containers out of my hand. I would always find them the next day empty in the courtyard, maybe someone else has been picking up the containers but I don't mind. I close my fridge then open the cabinet grabbing a box of poparts, only one single poptart remains inside. I take it out breaking it in half putting half back into the box, I need to conserve what little food I have. I grab the container from the counter and begin eating my poptart as I get to the front door, I lick my fingers then pick up my house keys.

I grab my thin slightly ripped coat putting it on then open the front door stepping outside, it's gotten to the low 10's outside. Locking the front door to my small house I step back, my gram left me this house in her will when she died. I was only seven when it happened, but I was so excited to own my own house, even if it's not much it's home. My parents didn't even try to stop me when I disappeared, I don't think they even cared in the first place. I walk down the steps letting out a soft breath, it is nice here despite having so little. I was away from their abuse, I was somewhere I didn't have to keep my head down low whenever I walk down the street. Snow flakes begin to form in the sky falling to the ground, I admire them as then fall around me. A couple fall onto my nose causing me to let out a quiet laugh, my fingertips have already started to turn red from the cold.

It is very early in the morning, the sun is still coming up but I have awhile to walk to get to school. I begin walking down the sidewalk breathing onto my hand trying to warm it a little, I completely ignore the chill of my other hand. I need to keep the box of baked goods steady, so they don't get destroyed, I want them to be perfect for Travis. He is rude and horrible to me but I see there is something more inside him, I know that look of pain in his eyes. He's exactly like me, living a life in someone's shadow being abused horribly. The tough front he puts on is just him trying to protect himself, I don't mind it though I just smile at him either way. Every day I bring him baked goods, some weeks I go without food in my house just to make him some. It hurt inside truthfully, I feel so useless but I can still try with what strength I got.

After the long walk the sun has fully come up, kids are running into the school to escape the chilly weather. I walk up the front steps opening the front door walking inside, the warm air comforts my cold red finger tips. Proceeding down the hall I look for the familiar blond hair I know so well, suddenly I am slammed back against a wall causing the air to escape my lungs. Shaking my head slightly I look over to see Travis leaning over me with a scowl, he never smiled at me no matter how hard I tried. I just want to see him smile, I want him to smile like I was finally able to do when I finally escaped. "Oh hello Travis good morning!" I greet him with a cheery demeanor, I can tell he hates it but I don't stop. Maybe one day I'll get through to him, maybe things could be different between us. "What's in the box this time reject?" I hold the plastic container out to him waiting for him to take it, he picks up the container from my hands staring at it.