Chapter 11

It was Tuesday which meant Thanksgiving is in two days.
Maya and Josh hasn't talked much but both know they have to.
Maya also knows that she has to get to Riley.
She is feeling neglected and she doesn't know how to stop it.
She's a mom and a mom is hard.
But she definitely doesn't want to forget who she was before having Jackson.

"Morning. How does your day look?" Josh asked.
"Busy. Listen I'm sorry about everything. I could have handled the situation better," Maya said.
"It's okay. Just promise me you won't ever do that again," Josh said.
"I won't and I didn't contact Brad. It's better this way," Maya said.
"What are we going to do about my dear niece?"
"Arrange that we meet them tomorrow night. I'll see to that Jackson and Raven have a babysitter. Riley doesn't feel like that over nothing. I have been pretty distracted lately," Maya said and picked Jackson up where he was playing on the floor.
"With reason. Maya you have a ten month baby. It's normal. Riley can't expect everything to just fall in place. Once she has her own kids she'll know why you are so busy. She'll get used to it. I'll tell you what. I'll drop off Raven then you can go to work. I'll take Jax as well just for a few hours," Josh said and Maya gave Jackson to him.
"Thank you. I'm meeting with Bruce and Bishops today," Maya said.
"It will go amazing. I know it," Josh said.
"How can you have so much courage?" Maya asked.
"Because I know what you're capable of," Josh said.
"I love you."
"Love you too," Josh said and gave Maya a kiss.