Leviathan Castiel

*Age 7---more fluff than others*

Dean pushed you behind his legs as you saw your father in the lab, who was now bloody and horrible looking. "Y/n, get to the car," he softly demanded. "Dean-" "I said go," he roughly responded. You softly nodded even though you desperately wanted to stay with your father.

"Cas, she's your daughter! You can't kill her!" Dean yelled. "I'm God, I should banish whatever is an abolishment." Castiel replied. The fear flash through the eyes of humans in the rooms for the little girl. "You can't be serious, Cas, she's your flesh and blood. She's an innocent child. Y/n hasn't done anything-" "Yet, creatures like her always end up causing problems that are unsolvable. That's why Y/n must die. Y/n is no different than the supposedly harmless monsters that you hunted and killed. There's always a chance she'll cause problems." Castiel explained as if the thought of killing his own child was not a difficult action to go through with.

That entire year, you lived with either Bobby or the boys with complete fear that you're father would, weather he was believed to be dead or not, kill his own daughter. You even went to the point of sleeping with an angel blade under your pillow or mattress. Any sign or sound of disturbance, you would grab it without hesitation and get prepared to stab an angel or the new found "God." It repetitively told that your dad was no longer what he used to be as a person. You could no longer trust him in any form. They did try to avoid the subject of conversation when you were in ear shot, but you couldn't help but wanting to listen.

***

By the time Castiel was back in your life, you were cautious and afraid to even be in the same room as Castiel. Sam and Dean nearly dragged your screaming and kicking body out of your hiding spots in Bobby's house to even get you semi-close to your father. Your father felt the resentment and betrayal you had towards the angel. He didn't feel worthy of your presence anymore. Castiel believed that he deserved all of the resentment that you gave to him. As soon as your once beloved father took one step towards you, you whimpered and hid behind Bobby's legs.

"Y/n, sweetheart, you're safe, now come on. Don't make me-" "Dean, stop! I don't blame her for not wanting to be near me. I was a horrid father, and you cannot force her to love me like she used to....or ever again." Castiel responded to Dean's attempt to have you approach from behind Bobby's legs. Your eyes peered from behind the pair of legs, cautious to even look at your father but tempted because of slight softness that used to be there before the leviathans.

***

That night, you found sleep in Sam's lap, snuggled close and feeling protected from all monsters, which at that point may or may not have included your father. "I'll take her to bed," Sam said as he stood up after noticing your sleeping state. "Sam," your father stood the second after Sam did, "can I take her? I..." He couldn't find his words. "Yeah, Cas, here." Sam gently gave you to him. Castiel held you tightly, loving the feeling you gave to him.

He softly laid you down in bed and pulled the blankets close to you. Cas put his hand on yours then spoke. "I truly am sorry for what I said and did, Y/n. I-" He heavily sighed, "I no longer want or have the desire to hurt you anymore. Please forgive me." He explained before he walked away from your bedside. When he reached the doorway, he heard your body shifting under the blankets. "Daddy?" You questioned in an innocent voice to get him to turn around. "Yes, my dear," he responded, slightly afraid of the words could come out of your mouth but also full of hope that somehow you heard all he said while you were asleep. "You forgot to say I love you and goodnight, silly." You smiled. Castiel grinned at you. "Yes, I was quite silly for forgetting that." He said and returned to your bedside. "I love you, Y/n, goodnight." He said and kissed your head. You giggled up at him like you used to, "I know."

angsty-writer