Nightmares (DDM)

*Dean* *Age 22*

You came back home after being on your own for a year and few months. Your returning was unexpected, but Dean and Sam greeted you with open arms as always. You sat down at dinner, finally capable of drinking with your dad and uncle after being away, since they both made sure that your liver was a virgin until twenty-one. "How was the road by yourself?" Sam asked you. You hesitated. "It was nice to find my own cases. It was like fresh air to hunt on my own. I felt free at times since I wasn't being barked orders from you two." You joked at the end. "What did you end up hunting?" Your dad asked with food in his mouth. "Oh, werewolf, mostly ghosts, very few demons...and a small nest of vampires," you listed off, getting quiet about the vampires. "You took down a nest?" Sam asked, surprised. You shrugged, "Like two, the rest got away." You stated, wanting to change the subject badly. "What about you guys? I haven't heard much about what the famous Winchester brothers are doing." You changed the subject before they could ask any more questions. You listened to their hunting stories, glad that none of them were involved with vampires.

After dinner, you went to bed early. You desperately wanted sleep and you hoped to find it better in your bed than a motel one. You thought and hoped it would bring you peaceful sleep since you were close to both Sam and Dean and no monster could kill you in the bunker.

Dean woke up to your screams. He hadn't done that since you were seven. He admittedly got up and went to your room. He just didn't expect to see what he did. "Please, no! Get off! No!" You screamed, your legs kicking and your entire body squirming as if you were trying to break free from someone. "Get off of me! Let me go! Stop! Please!" You begged. Dean snapped out of his gawking before going to your bed and trying to wake you out of your horrid slumber. "Y/n, wake up. You're safe wake up." He told you as he gently shook your shoulder. Suddenly, you woke with wide eyes. "D-dad, can you please grab me that sweatshirt?" You asked, sounding heartbroken, and pointed to the one at the foot of your bed. Dean silently nodded and handed it to you. You swiftly put it on and wrapped your arms around yourself. "It was just-" You shook your head at your dad, "It was real. It repeats in my head all the time." You cried. "What happened? Did something-" "Someone did it. Did me. I-I was having drinks after the nest at a bar a- and when I went to my c-car," you cried harder, "Daddy, please don't make me repeat it!" Dean just wrapped his arms around your shaking form. "I won't." Dean replied and kissed your head.

*Sam* *Age 4*

You woke up in horror with all the details fresh in your mind. The black eyes, the cruel feeling it gave off, the darkness surrounding you before you woke in a scream and body full of sweat and a warmth around your legs. You whimpered and sniffed, trying to prevent the tears of the terrifying dream and the fact that you wet the bed. 

You got out of bed and pulled the blankets and sheets off of your bed and into a bundle on the floor. You then softly padded your way to Sam's room. You gently pushed the door open and walked over to his bed, grabbing his hand. "Daddy," your voice was hushed before you repeated in a louder tone, waking Sam from his slumber. "Hey, sweetie. What's wrong?" His voice was groggy as he sat up on the bed. "I...nightmare...and I-I," your bottom lip trembled with the words coming out of your mouth. You saw your father's hazel eyes open and realize the fact that you had an accident. "Let's clean you up and then you can sleep with me for the rest of the night." Sam was calm and caring as he got out of bed and guided you to the bathroom. "I'll be right back, you stay here." He stated after he turned the hot water on for the bath. 

"I-I'm s-sorry," you stuttered as Sam came back with new pajamas for you. Your dad shook his head before getting on his knees to be face to face with you. "You never should apologize for having a nightmare. It's not something you can control." He said, kissed your forehead, and helped you get in the bath. 

The warm water soothed your body and mind. After your bath, you nearly fell asleep as Sam dried you and dressed you again. "Let's go back to bed, sleepy girl." Your dad said as he cradled you while walking back to his room. When you felt the warmth of the comforter and blanket then the heat of your father, you felt your eyes shut with contentedness and fall back to sleep.