Grew Too Fast (BSM)

*Age 19*

You laughed in joy as you killed the last demon before you turned to your older brothers. "I did, Dean, Sam, I did it!" You cheered. Then you felt the knife go through your back then heart. "I killed it." You exhaled as you fell to the ground. For the last time, you saw your brothers running at you. "D-do you th-think Dad will be pr-proud?" You asked as you choked, trying to catch a steady breath. "Hey, don't worry about-" "Of course, he would, Y/n. He always was." Dean cut the younger brother off. You lightly laughed before it hurt. "Is this my Win-chester d-death?" You whispered, your eyes going back and forth between Sam and Dean. "No, we're going to get you back, and you'll be fine." Dean told you even though you couldn't really believe him since you could tell he was choking tears back.

You shook your head. "It's now." You coughed blood out as you spoke. You smiled up at your dramatically overly protective big brothers, "I-I love y-" That's when you let you out your last breath. Sam tried shaking you, waking you back up from your death, but it didn't work. Your body was limp and was not moving voluntary at all.

***

"We shouldn't have taken her with us, I knew it was a bad idea." Dean told Sam. "Dean, there's nothing we can do. We can't go back." The younger brother argued. Dean bagged his hand on the table, "She was the last family we had, Sam!"

The arguing kept happening for hours or was parted for days but the subject of your death would return and bring up the hard feelings.

Dean went into your room that felt empty without your physical presence in it. He sat on your bed and saw the lore books stacked on your nightstand behind the pictures that you had from your childhood. Dean hadn't realized you found and kept the pictures of the three of you in them. They put a small smile on Dean's face, especially the ones when you had to be around five with that goofy, missing one of your front teeth, smiles.

Sam sat next to him, after being at the door for a minute, and pointed at the one with you on Dean's shoulders. "I remembered she begged for a piggy-back ride for hours. She always felt like she was on top of the world." He mentioned with a small chuckle. "Yeah, 'cause you weren't tall enough at the time for her." Dean replied. Sam shook his head with a smirk. "Then, one day she refused to be carried." Dean added. "She grew up too quick." Sam replied. Dean nodded, "We all did."

Sam went to call fellow hunters for your funeral as Dean stayed in your room. He found the blanket and toy you always used to sleep with. He remembered the first day you spent with them.

It's like you could sense the anxiety and urgency in the room at age five in a tired state. Sam was hesitant to interact with you while Dean went into big brother mode with ease. John laid you on the motel bed before he left. Dean watched as you struggled to get comfortable, knowing the feeling. He got next to you and pulled the motel comforter back. He adjusted the pillow and put your blanket on top of you then the motel one. He wasn't going to admit, but Dean was jealous about not having something soft and warm to sleep with. It was just another thing that would soften him to not make him a strong hunter.

***

"She died a hunter with guns and glory." Sam finished to his speech, choking his tears for another day. Dean was already far gone with his drinking. He still couldn't stand that he lost you. He was in charge of you and Sammy. He was supposed to keep you both safe and alive and protected. Dean failed you.

Sam knew there was no possible way to change Dean's mind on how he felt about your death. He tried his best not to argue with his older brother, but it was sometimes inevitable for those boys not to argue. That's when you made your presence known.

***

You watched as Dean suffered from your death and how he thought it was his fault and he could've done something. "It's not your fault. I wanted to go, Dean. I couldn't pick a better way to die anyways." You tried talking to him, but he just didn't hear you.

When Sam came in the room, you could feel the tension boiling. "Dean, Y/n-" "Don't start this again," Dean warned. "I can't help it. You mope around this place and-" You already had enough. Your frustration built enough to spill both of their coffee cups. You shock yourself, really, and then they realized what was going on in the bunker. "Y/n," they said in unison before running up to your room and looked for the item that they would need to burn. Just as they piled everything of yours into a pile, you gave them both one hug that they could hardly feel before your ripper appeared next to you again. "Just take me." You stated before they set all your belongings on fire.