You Pick College (Dean's Kid)

You sat up from your nap as you arrived at the university in the backseat. At that moment, you never knew you could experience so much excitement. "Doesn't it just look beautiful?" You happily sighed as you looked at the campus buildings. "If you consider buildings named after rich, dead, or retired people beautiful? Go ahead and think that Y/n." Your dad, Dean, dully remarked. You rolled your eyes and turned to your Uncle Sam. "Sam, is it going to be as amazing as I think it'll be?" You asked since you knew your dad would have no idea. Even though Sam hardly mentioned that he went to college, he was happier since you decided to take that route (however long you would go there) than continue to hunt and know nothing more. Your father, on the other hand, made it seem as though monsters were going to attack his baby girl day in and day out and kill you in your dorm. "It's as fun as what you make it be." He replied with a chuckle. "Oh! I can't wait!" You cheered, practically bouncing as though you were a little kid again. Dean glanced back you through the review mirror. He remembered all the times you would do that as a little girl whenever they would bring you to Bobby's house, doing anything that involved different people or kids, going on your first hunt, and a university that Dean almost considered too far from the bunker.

You practically ran to your dorm as Sam and Dean brought up the rest of your luggage. "What happened? Last time I checked, she was hardly four, clinging to my leg and begging not to go to pre-school. Now she can't wait to get away." Dean explained with remorse of having his girl all grown up on him. "Dean, she grew up, nothing can stop that without dangerous consequences. Besides, if she didn't go to college, Y/n would be stuck in the bunker for basically the rest of her life. Y/n is a big girl and has been since she got excited to have a chance of being normal. She can take care of herself. Besides, it's not likely that danger rolls this campus that she can't handle." Sam explained. Dean rolled his eyes at his brother before entering the dorm you were assigned. You were ready to decorate your half of the room with no guns or knives or any other sort of weapon on the wall. After the brothers got done helping set up your half of the room the way you wanted it, Dean looked around the two bunk bedroom with sad eyes. Sam also noticed this, clearing his throat to catch your attention. You grinned at him before hugging him. "Promise to keep Dad away and not worrying as much as you can." You whispered into his ear. "I'll try my best," he whispered back before noticing Dean still deep in thought, "Dean, I'll be out in the hallway."

"Dad?" You asked, breaking his mental focus. "Yeah? What beautiful?" He asked, focused on you. "You just seem off." You pointed out to him. "Well, not every day do I get to drop my daughter off at college for her to live an apple pie life." Dean heavily said. "You act as though I'll never come back," you lightly laughed, and he gave you a look. "Dad," you dragged, "I'll be fine, amazing, learning, everything but dead." You stated. Dean pulled you into a hug at that point. "Promise you'll be safe. Call me every time you think something is wrong, call me or Sam or Cass. Promise." Dean strongly whispered to you. "Nothing will-" "Don't say that." He cut you off, releasing you from the hug. "Alright, I will." You breathed. He gently kissed your head. "Be safe," Dean told you before he started to walk into the dormitory's hallway. "Dad!" You called to make him look back at you. "I love you." You finished. "I love you too." He replied before he left.

You climbed up onto your bunk bed and laid down with a heavy sigh. "I'm Y/n Winchester, and I'm from Lebanon, Kansas. My two uncles and dad raised me. My major will be history and possibly psychology. " You practiced your introduction for the many classes ahead of you.

"How do you think Y/n will do?" Dean asked as he and Sam drove away from the university. "She'll do great Dean. You know she did successfully well in high school. I think you're overthinking this way too much." Sam pointed out to him. "I'm not talking about that." The older brother criticized before pausing. "I mean boys. Y/n's a beautiful girl, smart, the girl picked majors that are easy for pick up lines, and it wasn't enough that she picked far enough from you and me to protect her or to stop her from doing anything." Dean explained. Sam gawked at him. "Dean, are you seriously thinking about that right now?" The younger Winchester asked. "Yes, I am, Sammy. You don't know what boys would do to get with her. Hell, I know what I did at that age and I wasn't even in college. I didn't have access to chicks on me all the time-" "Dean! Y/n knows when to say no and she knows how to protect herself in more than one way." "Yeah, you're right." He answered. "Besides, maybe she'll just meet a really innocent guy. One that is more into his studies than anything." Sam suggested. "Maybe....Do you think Cas would mind checking-" "Dean stop." "I'm just saying, Sam."