Uncle Dean

Dean lightly bounced you on his hip as Sam got ready for a hunt. "Are you sure you can handle her by yourself? I mean-" "Sam, I took care of you when I was four. I can handle Y/n." The oldest stated and turned his head to you. "We can handle this, right baby girl," Dean spoke with his baby tone. Sam gave you a small smile, he hadn't been away from you since the day you were put into his arms. A year he hasn't been on a solo hunt, so Dean encouraged his younger brother to go. Sam was still hesitant, afraid anything could go wrong at the bunker while he was away. "Don't make me push you out the door." Dean threatened. Sam gave his brother his puppy before trying to put you in his arms. "No, if you hold her, I'll never get you out of here." Dean made a tighter grip on you. Sam rolled his eyes before kissing your head. "Oh, do I not get one, honey," Dean teased his brother. "Dean," Sam stated with a slightly annoyed tone. "Say bye to Daddy," Dean spoke to you as Sam put his bag in the trunk and made you wave your hand goodbye. "Bye-bye, go kill monsters," Dean imitated a high pitch voice. Sam smiled and shook his head before driving away. "We're going to have fun without Daddy, aren't we?" Dean suggested with a large grin on his face.

***

Dean lightly chuckled when his phone rang. "How is she?" Sam asked over the phone. "Horrible, just like her dad." Dean paused when he didn't hear Sam laugh. "She's fine Sam, Y/n even enjoying the dinner I made her." Dean replied as he looked at you as you ate in the high chair. "You should see the smile she has right now," Dean added as he admired you. Sam smiled on the other line now, "Is it that goofy one where she doesn't look like she could ever be upset?" Sam asked with a light tone. "Yeah," Dean confirmed, "Yeah, it is." Sam pictured that smile he loved so much on the other end. "That's her best one."

Ten years later, that's what Sam pictured before he left the world for the last time, that smile that made it seem as though you could never be upset. Sam dropped you off at your first day of sixth grade. Dean with slightly red eyes picked you up. You knew something was wrong the exact moment you saw Dean; your uncle would go to the end of the world and back than go inside a school. "Dean, why are you here? Where's Dad?" You asked. Dean gave you a grim look and put his hand on your back before leading you to his car. The news hit hard in the most gentle way of putting it.

Dean kept you out of school for a week and half. It was one of the hardest weeks Dean ever had in his life. Not only did he lose his younger brother, he also had to help you cope from the death of your father. The nightmares that woke both you and Dean from your screaming also did not help the healing process go any faster. "I know, it's hard, but we'll get through it. Sammy would want us to." Dean tried to soothe your crying self. He wish it did more than what it truly did. He wished your tears brought back Sam, so your tears would stop.

***

It took a long time to heal. You did throughout the years. Now, at sixteen, you heavily breathed as you looked at your prom dress hanging from the door. You swiped an escaped tear before you started to change. "Dean," you called as you couldn't get the zipper any higher. Dean walked into the room with a smile. "You look beautiful," Dean stated and zipped up the rest of your dress. "D-do," you paused from the tears coming from your eyes before you took a big breath again, "y-you think D-Dad would l-like it?"you stuttered as the tears continued. Dean dried your tears before answering, "Sammy would love it. He would love everything about you to this day, Y/n." Dean replied and kissed your forehead. You nodded back, the tears still occasionally running down your cheeks. "Y/n, one of the things Sam wouldn't like is to see his baby girl cry on the night of her prom." He gently said and pulled you into his embrace. "I miss him so much, Dean." You whimpered into his flannel. "I miss him too, sweetheart. I miss him too." Dean replied to you and stroked your hair.

That night, after the many hours of having fun with your date, you came home. You still reminisced the slow dancing that you had with your date and never wanting it to end since it just felt comforting and soothing after the pre-prom break downs. Thankfully, you did manage to stop your tears with proper make-up on when your date picked you after the annoying amount of pictures Dean took of you and your date. You came home and felt relieved when you finally took off your heals and your hair fell down from being tied and bobby-pinned to be in the style you wanted and when the make-up remover wipe took away all of the make-up on your face. All of that combined didn't even come close to feeling relieved or joyful or any happy emotion possible that happened in your dream.

You heard music playing in the distance of the bunker. You walked as you followed the sound of the waltz-like music. It lead you to the library of the bunker. You stopped in your tracks as you reached the entrance of the library. Sam was standing there, truly there as if he never left your life at all, wrinkles and all to prove it. "Daddy?" You questioned with a mixture of excitement and nerves. "You grew up more beautiful than I ever imagined, Y/n." Sam smiled that's also when you noticed you were dressed how you were a few hours ago at least in this point of dream land. "What was the thing I kept hidden from Dean?" You asked him, testing if it was really your dad. Sam lightly scoffed at the thought of forgetting, "The picture of us three under your pillow case." You felt your body relax before you picked up part of you dress and ran at your father.

You wrapped your arms around his neck that you could thankfully reach in heels. "I missed you, Daddy, so so much." You nearly cried. You could smell the colon he always used with the mix of hair products and gun cleaner. It was almost like a drug to you, you kept deeply inhaling it. You heard and felt Sam chuckle, "Do you think I didn't, baby girl?" He questioned and you looked back up at him. You shook your head and smiled brightly back up at him. "I just thought I would never get to see you again." You exhaled and wrapped your arms around him again. "I'm here, Y/n, I'm here." He breathed and started to sway the two of you. You giggled as the you danced with your father. "There's that smile I love."