Chapter 78 - Beginning of Chaos (1)

In the territory usurped by the rogue hero, madness was happening. By the order of the king the people was gathered. It wasn't something unusual for the king gathered his subject. The king stood silently at the balcony of his castle. With the black hair under his golden crown and the holy sword in his hand, nobody would mistake him for someone else even if his face was covered by a mask with special glass material.

Nobody was able to see what kind of expression that hero had. Beside him, his aide, the pope of Holy church stood proudly despite his flabby body. The crowd gathered at the city plaza without exception. Adult, child, newborn or elderly, everyone were present at the site.

"Is everyone gathered at the plaza already?"

The Pope asked the knight standing near the entrance of the balcony. The knight nodded as an answer.

"People of Maximillian!! I, the Hero King, Daigo, will announce a great news for us. One of the wicked demon lords had been slain!!"

Daigo announced loudly using the voice amplifier magic tool. Cheers broke out throughout the capital. They were happy with the news.

"However, this glory doesn't belong to our kind, humans!!"

Daigo voice raged. The people quieted down.

"I have heard from the priest who watched over the world equilibrium that the one who had slain that demon is the person who had forsaken his humanity for power!! He's not a hero but a traitor!!"

Daigo said.

"For him and his tainted blood to be the one who finished the thing that should be our glory, that is definitely unforgivable!! And for this, I hereby declare that Maximillian will enforce a new law. All Demihuman are forbidden to step on this land!!"

He declared. The people became noisy from unrest. The people, especially the beastkin, elves, dwarves, and many other races which were included in Demihuman category, were anxious baout this decision. This was a clearly a violation on the war treaty with the country of beastkin, elf country, dwarf country, and many other nations who were representing the existence of the Demihuman races in the world.

"And from this moment, I will give time for every 'non-human' race to leave the capital by sunset and leave my country in 2 weeks. Anyone who refused to leave will be executed on the spot."

Daigo added.

"WE HEREBY REFUSE THIS UNFAIR RULE!! DON'T MESS AROUND WITH ME!! WHY MUST I LEAVE MY HOMECOUNTRY?!!"

A wolf-kin wearing thick plate armor protested. He was one of the soldier who defected from the royal family for Daigo. Daigo looked at him coldly.

"Then, die."

With that almost silent whisper, Daigo swung his sword and beheaded the wolf-kin on the spot without any remorse.

"Tch! How disgusting. I've changed my mind. Soldiers!! Kill every demihuman in this place!! Purify this land from the tainted blood of the beast!!"

Daigo ordered. Suddenly the gate of the castle was opened. As if everything had been planned beforehand, armored soldiers poured out and began slaughtering every demihuman in the city. They didn't care whether they were nobles of other country or slaves, adult or baby, everyone was slaughtered. And among this bloody scene, a laughter could be heard from the throne. It was an arrogant laughter filled with malice which came not from the king but the bald person standing beside him.

***********************************************************************************************

At the distance, Callisto couldn't help but regretted that he couldn't do anything. If he was to act now, he might be able to save a handful of people but that might endanger those who had helped him all this time and might get things become even messier.

Beside him, a young priest was closing her mouth with her hands in disbelieve. She was never thought that such scene will happen. 

"I know how you feel right now but, I think we should get out from here right away."

Callisto said. 

"Then, you should try it if you can."

A voice came from behind them. Callisto readied his weapon. Three men wearing white robe with golden rosario on their chest said. It was pretty clear that they were from the church but instead of sacred and holy feeling, fiendish and chaotic feeling could be felt from them instead. 

"We have been warned for a possibility of a spy lurking around but to think there's really one here is surprising."

One of the men said. Callisto activated his legion chat and sent a warning signal to Mark's and Trull's group.

"Heh, it seems like this country is really already rotten to the core huh? Then, I bet my boss won't be complaining if I come home empty-handed right?"

Callisto mocked.

"Laugh however you want. However, that laughter will be your last!!"

The man said. As he finished that sentence, his and the other two figures turned into afterimages. At the same time, Callisto's body split into seven figures. The six of them clashed with the priests who aimed for his companion while the last one had saved the companion of his from a poisonous projectile.

"Interesting trick you have there, monkey."

One of the three said. Callisto and his clones took a defensive stance. He reached for his waist pocket. He took out a magic scroll from inside.

"Not good, you two, hold the clones!! I will stop him from using that scroll!!"

But, before he finished ordering the other two, Callisto had spread the scroll. However, in contrary to the man's expectation, it wasn't a teleportation scroll. Bright light came out from the scroll and blinding the three of them. By the time the light disappeared, their target were already gone.

"Tch! They escaped huh? Call the others and search the vicinity!! THey couldn't be far from this place!!"

The man ordered. The three of them moved away from the site to look for Callisto and his company.

"Phew, they have gone."

Callisto said. The space distorted and revealing his figure and his companion who was still in shocked state. He sighed before taking out the real teleportation scroll and activated it.