Chapter 6 Part 7 - Return to the Capital

I departed from the city as soon as I bid farewell to everyone in the city. I couldn't become a coach so i hired an adventurer to become one. Including the coaches of the carriages, there were 12 adventurers. They were a quite famous one at that. Southern Wolf and Gale Falcon are their party's name. 

"But, Savior-sama, what business do you have at the Capital? You can stay at the city in luxury you know."

The coach said. 

"Well, I can't let the people precious to me worried. I had written a letter for them but I can't let them wait for too long."

I replied as i gazed forward.

"Well, that's quite true. But, there was something I was curious about."

He said.

"Just how old are you?"

"I'm 10 years old since two days ago. What of it?"

I said while titling my head. The coach's jaw dropped.

"Well, my level grew fast because my main profession is Alchemist. Furthermore, I like to make potions and experiment on many things so the levels are growing rather fast."

"I see."

He sighed as he drove the carriage. The journey was rather smooth. The monster rarely appeared, the weather was good, and there was no bandit at all.

"But, this is quite strange that there's no bandit along the way."

I laid down.

"Well, the escorts are well known as the best bounty hunter after all. As if there's a bandit stupid enough to attack us."

He said.

"Well, that's true."

I smiled wryly.

"Oh, I can see the castle wall from here."

He said. I raised my head and looked forward.

"Finally, I'm home."

I muttered. I looked at the approaching gate in front of us.

"Mind if I see your identification paper?"

The guard said.

"Etto, this is our client, Mr. Ren."

The coach said to me.

"Ren?"

The guard looked at me carefully.

"Yahoo, guard-san. It has been a while."

I greeted him as if I just left for half a day.

"Wha- Re-Ren-sama!!"

The guard was stunned. He quickly opened the gate for us to enter. I told them the direction until we entered my mansion's yard.

"This is a noble's abode isn't it?"

The leader of Southern Wolf said.

"Yeah, my mother is a baron after all."

I said.

"Eh?"

Everyone looked at me in surprise.

"You're a noble?"

The Gale Falcon's Leader asked.

"Well, kind of. The king just gave this title to me as he wished."

I sighed.

"...."

None was able to respond to that. Suddenly the door of the mansion was opened widely and a woman was running toward me at high speed. Unable to dodge, she crashed toward me and hugged me tight.

"Ren, it's you right? Do you have any wound? Are you hungry? It must be tough journey right?"

She, my mother, asked me as she checked every corner of my body. The adventurers were lost of words seeing the scene.

"I'm alright, mother. By the way, these onii-sans had escorted me back here."

I said. My mother quickly stood up and bowed at them.

"Thank you for bringing my son home."

She said.

"By the way, why there are so many carriages?"

She asked as she looked at the carriages.

"Etto, omiage?"

I said as I titled my head. I told the adventurers to help moving the materials into the storage and the meat to the kitchen. Natalia was shocked when she heard that the meat was actually dragon meat. It took me long time to explain everything to my mother. And in the end, I was punished to not touching my lab or training magic for 3 days.