Chapter 81 - Reunion

I concentrated my mind. I resumed my human transformation practice after listening to every report from my subordinates. The church in Maximillian had started to move. It was quite unexpected that as a former resident of Japan, Daigo would commit such an inhumane act.

But, from the report I received from Callisto on the other day, it seems like the Pope had obtained a new toy called Holy Arms. It might be only my deduction but that Pope should be plotting something else besides this massacre. An all-out war with neighboring countries might also be possible at any time.

That's why I asked the remaining Zodiac Braves near Maximillian to contact my acquaintances and evacuate them if possible. Blade and Mana also had warned the Beastkin Country Leaders about Maximillian's Holy Arms and Beastkin Hunt. Mark, Flo, Billy, and Trull had evacuated the only survivors of the Beastkin Hunt. Callisto had acted as the proxy of the Guild Master Lyold and helped evacuating the Adventurers from Maximillian territory. Frigate had somehow helped to rescue Natalia. 

I circulated my mana inside my body. I tried to compress my body mass again into a smaller size. As I practiced day after day, I slowly grasped the feeling of the transformation itself. I spread my mana around my body. It bit by bit turned into fine filament and entwined against each other. By the time I realized it, I had been covered in a cocoon made of magic filament.

I struggled against the filaments covering my body. I pushed them around until I found the exit. I pulled my body out of the cocoon. The light was blinding me for a few moments but after I got used to the light, I found that the cocoon had disappeared as soon as I escaped from it.

I looked at my surroundings. The trees looked quite tall like ordinary trees as I remember before turning into a gigantic dragon. Realizing the sudden change of view, I quickly browsed through my inventory. I searched for a piece of mirror. I couldn't believe my eyes. 

I couldn't see the dragonic feature on my face anymore. What reflected in the mirror was the look of a black-haired young man wearing black colored attire with some white-colored lining and design. It was how I looked like before turning into a full-fledged dragon. 

"HELL YEAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I jumped on the spot excitedly. Finally, after spending almost half a year, I managed to master the human transformation. Without any second thought, I contacted Karina.

"Karina, where are you right now?"

I asked.

'Milord? I am currently escorting Alicia-sama and Lilliana-sama visiting the neighboring village. Do you need something, Milord?'

Karina said.

"No, I'm just asking. It's not that important."

I said before ending the telepathy. I checked the locator feature of my system. I closed my eyes and imagined my dragon wings. Mana automatically gathered around my back and when I looked back, I saw my wings had sprouted from my coat. From the gist of it, my clothes were originally my scales before transforming.

Flapping my wings, I headed to the direction where Karina was. It shouldn't take much time to reach them with my wings, or so I thought. I forgot that I still hadn't accustomed to my new body. Compressed mass and magic power weren't something that could be controlled half-assedly. As soon as I flapped my wings, my body was launched to the sky at high speed so fast that it was close to teleportation. 

"I think I need some warm-up period for some time."

I said to myself. And so, I spent some time till noon to get accustomed to flying with my body. It was quite tiring in other meanings compared to training the human transformation. After getting accustomed to flying, I headed straight to Karina's location. However, I didn't land right near her. I landed some distance from her. I retracted my wings and walked toward her location.

Not long after I started walking, I could see Alicia's figure sitting on a rock while watching the scenery as Karina was talking with some villagers some distance away. Beside her, the human form Lilliana was sitting cutely while she was fiddling with something in her hands.

"I miss Ren-sama's voice."

Alicia muttered.

"Mama..."

Lilliana could sense the sadness of her mother. But, she herself also felt the same as her. So, she couldn't say anything regarding that. And at that time, three young men with burly looks approached them.

"Nee, ojou-chan, if you missed your husband so badly, we might help you release your pent up desire you know? Compared to waiting for your husband who knows when he will be home, isn't that a good offer? Also, he might also have forgotten about you and have another girl."

The man in the middle said. He had some disgusting face on his face. 

"There's no way you can do that?!! Also, Ren-sama isn't someone like that!!"

Alicia said.

"Heh?!! We're just asking anyway. Either way, you're going to come with us after all."

The middle man said. The other two were already surrounding her. As for Karina, she was too busy dealing with the other villagers for negotiation. I'm going to punish her later. I walked toward Alicia's place.

"Don't touch me or I'll turn you to ash!!"

Alicia warned. Well, despite looking so weak, she's still technically an archmage after all.

"I doubt you will be able to do that if I say that if you do, the village will not stay silent. I am the son of the Village Elder after all."

The man said. Alicia gritted her teeth as she watched the men getting closer. Lilliana was glaring at them while clutching on Alicia's skirt. However, she then relaxed her grip on her mother's skirt. It seems like she had sensed my presence.

I activated my alchemy skill. I created some spark in the air to initiate combustion. Flame spread out from my fingers and at the same time, a similar flame appeared in the space between the men and Alicia before turning into a wall of flame protecting the mother and daughter duo. The men retreated some distance from the flame.

"You have some guts trying to do that to someone's wife, scum."

I said as I continue walking toward their place. The trio's attention turned toward me. Alicia also turned toward me. Lilliana who saw me after a while jumped out from her mother's side and trotted to my side.

"Papa!!"

She jumped to my chest. I caught her mid-air without any trouble before facing the stupid trio. 

"Re-Ren-sama..."

Alicia looked still unable to believe her eyes. Tears started to flow from her eyes.

"Heh, you appeared here now doesn't change much you know. Well, it's better for you to give up on her as I had set my eyes on her already. Otherwise, you will become the enemy of the alliance."

The man threatened me. 

"Then, just do your worst. I can deal with you and your alliance by myself in fact."

I said. I walked toward them. I released my dragon aura at full force as I approached them. I stopped beside Alicia.

"Ren-sama, you're Ren-sama right?"

Alicia asked. I ignored the trio and looked at Alicia.

"I'm home, Alicia."

I said.

"Welcome back, Ren-sama."

Alicia replied as she hugged me tightly. And when I returned my eyes to where the trio, they had run away leaving the trail of putrid smell along the way. And soon later, I would meet with the aforementioned elder prostrating on the ground asking forgiveness for his son over and over.