Chapter 17 Part 4 - Party Member's Worries - Boys Side

In the dark corner of under the emergency staircase three men were gathering together. They were Leonardo Michaelo, Noden, and Nova.

"The girls are suspecting us. We're acting too suspiciously lately."

Noden said.

"Suspiciously? Me? Aren't you the one who just blabbering about the fight between me and Ren?"

Leo complained.

"No, in contrary, if he didn't tell her that much, I bet the girls will investigate things deeper and we're out."

Nova said.

"Then, what should we do?"

Leo asked.

"Let's hide our malice against each other. Especially against Ren, we must never reveal our sour mood around the girls."

Noden suggested.

"Indeed"

Nova agreed but Leo gave a displeased looks.

"I know you're angry because of that absurd request of his. But, if you're acting like this all the time, you'll hurt Alicia-chan earlier than him."

Nova said.

"Leonardo-sama, I can understand your anger but I also can understand what Ren-sama thinks by asking us to do that."

Noden added.

"But-"

"If you don't want to do it, I'll do it in your stead. As a fellow adult dragon, it's already my duty to stop my kin who will bring destruction."

Nova cut Leo's words.

"But, why did he ask us such extreme request? Normally, he should say that we must stop him right?"

Leo said.

"Hmm... Maybe it has something to do with his dark power."

Noden said.

"I also think so. As elemental dragon, I possessed several elements. And just like him, I also possess dark element inside me. However, even I had heard about that prophecy, I didn't feel any danger or disturbing matter about it."

Nova said.

"In that case, what kind of danger did that guy mean?"

Leo said angrily.

"That would be a danger that will bring disaster, Descendant of the Western Monarch."

A female voice came from above them. The three looked up and widened their eyes. A woman in gray robe was standing on the ceiling. Her long hair, clothes, and everything were hung toward the ceiling as if wasn't affected by gravity at all or rather the ceiling was where the gravity was directed for her.

"Who are you?!"

Noden pulled his sword at once.

"My name is Alvis. I am the Priestess of Time."

She said.

"Are you the dragon who had told Mare-san to tell Ren about that ridiculous prophecy?!!"

Leo asked angrily. She smirked and closed her eyes.

"This one never told him to tell this Ren-person. I just tell him the bad predicament that is about to come. You must be ready for it as well. After all, the last awakened demon lord will be the greatest disaster for all living beings."

She said.

"All living beings you said..."

Nova was shocked. Being a danger for all living being meant that the last demon lord would be an enemy that must be fought by the target of that danger. Whether it was human or demons, they must be ready to fight that demon lord.

"Then, is Ren's absurd request also justified?!!"

Leo asked. He looked downward in frustration.

"That young dragon is indeed bit too impulsive in your eyes. But, if you know the curse of his that he had bear since long ago, you will not think that he was in the wrong."

She said. Leo widened his eyes.

"Curse? Don't tell me!!"

When Leo was about to ask her, she was already disappeared without trace.

"Do you know something, Leo?"

Nova asked.

"In the past, he had a confrontation with one of the demon generals. I think this curse of his might be originated from that demon general."

Leo said.

"If it's that demon general, that possibility is high."

Noden said his agreement.

"By that demon general, who is that?"

Nova was clueless.

"Demon General Filma, that was the name of the demon general who might have cursed him. Ren was forced to have a confrontation with her when that demon general kidnapped his mother, Emilia Concerto."

Noden answered.

"Demon General Filma.... I'll remember that name. So, if we can subdue or kill this Filma-person, we will be able to save Ren?"

Nova said.

"Probably"

Leo said.

"But, we better to keep it secret from everyone else. This will be difficult if the girls or Ren hear it."

Nova warned.

g