Chapter 18 Part 5 - Searching for the way home (1)

We sat still and pondered. None among us remembered which way was the direction toward the mainland. Well, that was obvious. Among us, nobody could see things outside the basket when Asfi carried us here and Nova and Eris also never came out from that place.

We sighed in unison. It seems like we had done something stupid. Who never thought that nobody had asked for directions before returning here.

"What should we do now?"

Flint asked.

"It's either we wait for someone, go back to that place and ask or we search for the direction ourselves."

I said.

"The first option sounds stupid."

Leo said.

"But the second one is out of question."

Nova added.

"Then we'll have to take the third?"

Alicia asked.

"It's going to take more time but i think it would be more certain than the first and safer than the second option. I guess i also agree to take the third."

Noden said. It seems like everyone had agreed to take the third option. When i was about to stand up, i saw a glimpse of green dot at the edge of my view. I frowned for a second before pretending to not seeing anything.

"Is something wrong, Ren-sama?"

Anastasia asked behind me. It seems like she noticed my reaction just now. Ever since he was studying under Sebas-san, it's getting more and more difficult to fool her.

"Ah, no. I just got an idea. What do you think if Alicia Eris and I scoured the surrounding from the air. Three of us can fly and perhaps we can find a clue about the direction to the main continent."

I suggested. Everyone frowned and gave it a thought.

"Then, we can add Aoi, Akane and I. I can ride either of them and fly."

Shiina suggested.

"Then, it's good. Flint, you take the blue dragon and join us too. Shiina, you will ride your red dragon."

I said.

"Then, which direction we should take? Also, i wonder if my dragons can keep up with your speed."

Shiina said.

"I think we should split up to cover up a wider area. Use the party chat to inform anything you find."

I said.

"But, won't that be dangerous?"

Shiina asked.

"Even we met any danger, i doubt with your our current strength we won't be able to handle it. Furthermore we can't save more time."

I added.

"If you said that much, i can't complain about it. Alright, which direction will you take?"

She asked.

"Then, I'll go that way."

I said while pointing at the direction where the green dot located.

One by one the scout members decided on their direction.

"Then, we'll depart in  half an hour. Prepare yourself. The scouting will be an hour before returning. The rest must stay here and protect the young ones."

I said.

"Yes!!"

Everyone answered in unison.