Chapter 38 - Wanted Fugitives

Alicia was out of breath. She ran with her all while hugging her beloved daughter. Beside her, Shade was running while carrying the immobile Ren on his back. Behind them, the sound of explosion and clashing metals could be heard.

Ameralda was running in front of her. Leonardo ran beside her while checking the surroundings. At the foremost place, Shade was leading the group. He, who was an assassin, was entrusted to secure the pathway and prevent any ambushes. Karina, Fianna, Emilia and the others were running behind them while fending off the pursuers.

It was already 10 days since their escape with Shade's help. They were currently branded as wanted fugitive. Everyone except Alicia were given high bounty for their head. Alicia was the only person in the group who was given bounty for her capture instead of subjugation.

The wanted posters were spread throughout the world by the church as soon as the pope heard the news of their escape. Ren, who was the main leader, was given the highest bounty regardless his petrified state. And thanks to that, their situation became an endless battle against the bounty hunters.

"Are you still able to run?"

Shade asked Alicia. It was already the tenth time they had to change place as the bounty hunters popped out here and there. There were even few regular visitors who never learned their lesson no matter how many times Karina had crushed them. In term of strength they were nothing but their numbers were quite troublesome to be dealt with.

"I think i still can run for a bit more."

Alicia said.

"Goodness, these guys are getting annoying."

Ameralda complained. Shade raised his head. He threw a needle upward and not long after that, a hawk fell to the ground. It had a glowing blue crest on its forehead.

"Tch! We are found already."

Shade said.

"Shade, I got a bad news."

Karina said as she headed to the group. Emilia, Claire, Fianna, Sora, and the rest joined them.

"I also have one here."

Shade said while pointing the hawk on the ground. Everyone's eyes were directed toward the hawk.

"This... this is..."

Emilia looked pale.

"There's no mistaking it. This is a magician's familiar. In other word, we're already spotted."

Claire said.

"This is hopeless."

Flint fell to her knees.

"Is something wrong?"

Leonardo asked.

"We've trapped in this forest. Both entrances and exits are already surrounded by A ranked bounty hunters. We got no means of escaping anymore."

Flint said.

"I see... We're lured in huh?"

Shade sighed.

"How can you still calm in this state?!!"

Leonardo shouted.

"There's no need to be that panicked. My Lord wasn't that careless to send us out without any prior preparation."

Shade said.

"Your Lord? You mean Ren?"

Flint asked.

"Yes, Ren-sama is a person who always thinks about the worst case of scenario and prepared the countermeasure beforehand."

Shade said.

"Then, tell me, what did Ren prepared for this situation?"

Leo asked impatiently. Shade sighed and put his hand into his magic bag. From there, he pulled out few magic scrolls.

"These are the teleportation magic scrolls. This will teleport up to 5 people to a random location. The range of the teleportation is unknown and this choice could be called risky."

Shade explained.

"Risky?"

Alicia wondered.

"There's a chance that we'll be teleported to a middle of ocean or a monster den."

Shade added.

"But, that's better choice than getting captured or killed here."

Karina said.

"You said it can teleport up to 5 people. Could it be-"

Claire said. Before she could finish, Shade answered.

"It's just as you said. We got no choice but split up."

Everyone looked down in deep thought. At that time, Shade raised his head.

"We don't have much time. The enemy started their movement."

Shade said.

"We'll split into four group led by a member of the Zodiac Brave. Each group will get two scrolls just in case the group was sent to a inhabitable location. Now please decide your group as soon as possible."

Shade said. After a quick discussion the groups were formed.

1st Group : Karina, Alicia, Ren, Lilliana

2nd Group : Shade, Nova, Eris, Emilia, Anastasia

3rd Group : Fianna, Flint, Shiina and her dragons

4th Group : Sora, Claire, Ameralda, Leonardo, Rosemaria

They took some distance from each group. 

"Then, wish for your luck everyone."

Karina said before activating the scroll. Her group was wrapped in light and and disappeared. Since Sora couldn't open the scroll on his own, Rosemaria activated the scroll in his stead. Fianna and Shade activated their scrolls as soon as Sora's group disappeared.