Chapter 17 Part 6 - Former Hero Party Side

At Acardia Magic Academy, Lyold visited Duventoliel several days after King Alexander Michaelo's execution.

"And our friend was executed, huh?"

Lyold said.

Duventoliel sipped her herb tea and looked at the distance.

"Yeah, I wonder what will that loving wife will say when she heard it. Also, I'm more worried what will happen when Ren and the others returned."

She said.

"That of course is going to be carnage. Ren's very strong so he might be able to defeat that muscle head Sakakimoto for sure."

Lyold said.

"That's for sure. But with the church backing him, I wonder if Ren will be alright."

Duventoliel said worriedly.

"How's General Mauve? Did the New Kingdom locate him already?"

She asked Lyold. Lyold scratched his short beard.

"I'm not sure. The adventurers are leaving the New Kingdom as they know that the new king is a big fool who will just bring ruins. Getting information is difficult thanks to that."

Lyold said.

"Not only that, the citizens are leaving their hometown after knowing the new king is going to raise the tax and told them to send the beauties to the castle to be the king's harem member."

He added.

"The citizen left, the lack of labor increase, the production getting troubles in most aspects, crime increasing, empty villages becomes goblin, kobold, and orcs nests, and this kingdom is as good as dead."

Lyold said.

"I heard that most of the soldiers of the old kingdom were deserting and joined the rebels. They have been amassing a lot of power lately. They just need a big trigger for that."

Duventoliel added.

"That aside, how's the demon side?"

Lyold asked.

"The seal is already undone."

She said.

"Already, huh? With the only competent hero severely injured from her own recklessness and the strongest hero hasn't returned from his training, this is the worst possible outcome."

Lyold complained.

"It still can be worse. No, unless Ren returned, it will be. I wish Minato is here. He's the best when comes to getting out from a pinch. Furthermore..*mumble *mumble"

Duventoliel said.

"Here it comes, Elle's bad habit of over reliant to Minato."

Lyold sighed.

"Snap it out already, Elle. Minato is already entrusting the rest to us."

He called for Duventoliel who was mumbling endlessly.

"I got it already."

She pouted.

"Say, have you checked the divination magic too yet?"

Lyold asked.

"Divination magic tool? AH!! I FORGOT!!"

Duventoliel stood from her seat. She quickly ran toward her desk and took a stone tablet from the drawer. This was a relic found by Minato by chance during their adventure. This tablet was a tool to see the rough situation of the light army and darkness legion.

She put the tablet on the desk and poured her magic to the small gap on the edge of the tablet. The runes on the tablet glowed. Light flew toward the ceiling from the center of the tablet before expanding and projected some picture on the ceiling.

"Let's see... I can see Minato's insignia is being grayed. This means that Minato isn't in this world. And the small spheres around it are the fragments. Out of nine, two were grayed out. This is for our deceased friends. Eh? Does that means..."

Duventoliel stopped the reading for a moment.

"Emilia and Rosemaria are alive and well. This is good news."

Lyold said.

"Yes. The next is there are six more insignias. This is the current heroes. Five are summoned heroes and two awakened ones. EH?!!"

Duventoliel was surprised.

"What's wrong?"

"One of the heroes has fallen."

She said.

"Fallen? He's dead?"

Lyold asked. Duventoliel shook her head.

"It would be better if he is. The seventh hero has fallen means that he has changed sides and become demon lord's subordinate."

She explained.

"What a nightmare. The first demon lord has revived and our first hero will never return. If there are seven heroes, that means there will be also seven demon lords. With one defecting to their side, it's going to be 8 VS 5. This will be the worst case scenario."

Lyold said.

"That's true. From the demon side I can see that there are seven flags. Five flags has fully risen, a flag was half risen and the last flag hasn't been risen."

Duventoliel said.

"Then, the Ragnarok hasn't started huh? We still have some air to breathe in."

Lyold said weakly.

"Unfortunately, not yet."

Duventoliel said with grim tone.

"Out of seven flags, three has moved under one flag which means the three are already working for the flag above them while the other three are moving independently."

She added.

"It's a miracle if our race can survive this carnage. Or rather, somebody please make one already!!"

Lyold said weakly from the despair.