Chapter 16 Part 5 - Picking Up Runaway Girl

"Are you sure you're leaving right away?"

Alicia asked as she sent me off. Today, I was heading to the phantasmal dungeon to pick up Mare's daughter. Just to be safe, I brought Nova, Flint, and Noden with me.

"Yeah, Mare-sensei had taught me few things. I need to repay him somehow."

I said while patting her head. I looked at my daughter who slept peacefully in her mother's embrace. I kissed both of them on the forehead before departing.

Mare opened the gate for us as we jumped inside. The surroundings' view changed from the training ground scenery to a dark tunnel.

"So, this is the place. Just like her father, that girl has unique taste of place for staying."

I sighed. I led the small party into the maze. After walking for 30 minutes, we still hadn't encountered any branch, trap, or monster.

"Say, could this place isn't a labyrinth but a lair?"

Noden asked.

"That's a possibility."

I said. But, as soon as we said that, I heard a loud click from the distance.

DON!! DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDU!!

Loud sound followed by frequent vibration came from behind us. With the straight line and descending slope, the most possible classic trap could only one.

"RUN!!"

I shouted. Noden, Flint and Nova ran behind me. I looked back and saw 4 meters tall metal ball was rolling toward us.

"Can't someone use some magic to break that ball?"

Noden asked as he ran. I looked back. I created a fire magic circle. I pointed it toward the ball and fired a flame lance at it. It should be enough to make the ball explode. But, before the lance touched the ball, it dispersed and entered the ball.

"IT DIDN'T WORK!!"

I said as I ran faster.

"That thing is made of mithril?!!"

Nova was dumbfounded.

"This dungeon's maker is truly rich in that case."
Flint said.

"But, this is kind of reminded me when we come to this place for the first time."

Noden said.

"Ah, you're talking about Sebastian's prank? This is kind of similar I think."

I said.

"Can someone stop that thing?!! A minute or a second doesn't matter!! If you can, I can use my alchemy to transform it into small beads or a weapon for you!!"

I said. Nova nodded. He touched his face and materialized a brown mask. He made a drastic U turn and smashed the ground with his fist. Spikes expanded toward his surroundings.

DON!!

The ball was stopped by the spikes. We stopped running after that. I approached the ball. I touched it and used my alchemy to transform it into smaller portions before throwing them into my magic bag.

"Phew, that's pretty tiring for the morning exercise."

Noden said.

"Yeah, the intensity is too much."

I said. After resting for few minutes, we resumed our journey. In an hour, we met the first branch. The tunnel split into 3 in a larger room. I looked around and gasped.