Chapter 20 Part 3 - Move out

I overestimated my subordinates. When I heard Mana's question regarding our means of transportation, I was surprised. I thought they were kind of good subordinates who would think ahead of the time.

My plans to give them a chance to have them getting personal mounts seems failed after my gift which I meant for pushing forward their motivation made them slack off instead. I sighed at this hopeless situation.

But, i didn't have time to scold them or give them any punishment knowing that there's no time for that. I straightened my posture and stared at each of them who were already lined up in a row.

"I will overlook the blunder you have made just now. But, as a punishment, I won't help any of you to get any mount and ban any snack during the meeting."

I said. Nobody talked back.

"Then, as planned. Get your stuff and depart. Karina, Fianna, let's go."

I ordered. 

"Yes!!"

Everyone said in unison. They began picking their stuff and left toward their respective destination. I had the Valkyrie and Elf followed me toward our destination. Karina used her magic and floated in the sky as checked the surroundings.

################################################################################################################################################################

In the other direction, Blade and Mana walked side by side like a pair of siblings. Mana was walking while hugging a bag of potato chips. 

"I'm surprised you're still allowed to bring that, Mana."

Blade said. Mana titled her head.

"Master said that the snack are forbidden during the meeting. So, now is alright as it wasn't a meeting."

She said. 

"I see... I feel stupid for not securing a snack for myself."

Blade sighed. 

"Then, here."

Mana handed a lollipop candy to him. Blade took the lollipop hesitantly. He stared the pink colored wrappings and was lost of words.

"Not going to eat it?"

Mana asked innocently. Blade was in pinch mentally. At one side, he was unable to refuse Mana's offer as she gave such innocent gaze but on the other side he was afraid he'll ruin his image as a team
leader if he succumbed into the temptation of the strawberry flavored candy.

"Oh, Blade and Mana. Thank God you guys aren't that far yet."

Callisto greeted them. Behind him, Flo and Mark walked toward them.

"I think we should walk together until half way as we are heading to the same direction."

Mark said. Blade gave a deep thought about it and nodded.

"Alright, I also have some matter to discuss with you regarding our dispatch."

Blade said.

"Ooh, candy!! You don't want it right? Then, I'll eat it for you. Thanks."

Callisto suddenly barged into the conversation, took the lollipop candy from Blade, who was having a serious discussion with Mark, and ate it without waiting for Blade's reply.

Seeing the candy he got from Mana was eaten, Blade trembled in anger. He clenched his fist and wacked Callisto's head. The lollipop candy flew out from his mouth and fell to the ground.

"Aaah!!! My candy!!"

Callisto agonized.

"That's not yours to begin with."

Blade said.

"You don't have to be angry, Blade. Here, for you."

Mana said as she gave cigarette shaped candy to him.

"Ooh, thank you."

Blade thanked her earnestly.

"What about me?"

Callisto asked as she approached Mana as if nothing had happened. Mana stared at his face for a while before looked away.

"There's no snack for Callisto."

Mana said while pouting her cheek. It seems like she was really pissed off by Callisto's shameless behavior.

"Wha-"

Callisto was shocked.

"You're really stupid, Monkey."

Flo snorted.

"You're asking for a beating, Mutt?!!"

Callisto was provoked.

"No, I'm just saying the truth. Besides, look."

Flo pointed at Mana who gave Mark a coffee flavored candy to Mark. This shocked Callisto even more.

"Here, this is for you."

Mana jogged toward Flo and gave her several low calorie cereal bars.

"Thanks, in exchange, here's for you."

Flo thanked her and gave some wild berries she picked up on the way there wrapped in a leaf wrapping.

"Thank you, Flo-nee."

Mana looked so happy. On that moment, Callisto's was-

"What about me?"

-still asking for a snack shamelessly.

"There's no snack for Callisto (Monkey)"

Both of them said in unison. Both of them saying the same thing except for they way the called the shameless guy.

"Mark, Blade, they are bullying me!!"

Callisto was acting like a child.

"You got what you deserve."

Blade said with a cigarette candy hanging on his mouth.

"I will lose my credibility as a peacemaker if I took your side."

Mark also had no intention of helping him. Callisto fell on his knee in despair.

"But, is it fine? Your snack decreased again. You might not be able to eat them again until we reunited with our Lord."

Blade asked Mana. Mana smiled and shook her head.

"Mana is fine. Lord has given me a lot of them to me earlier. He also gave me several interesting books to read."

She said. The four had their jaw dropped after hearing such fact.

"Is it just me or Our Lord doted on her too much?"

Mark said while smiling wryly.

"Our Lord isn't doting on me. He said 'Taking care of two musclehead battle maniacs is going to be troublesome and boring, so use these for distracting yourself from it'. But he also warned me to not eating them too much and limit the daily intake as well as have a balanced diet so that I can grew into a proper lady like Karina-nee."

Mana said innocently. Blade's jaw dropped as he heard his image in his master's eyes. His candy almost dropped but he quickly recovered as he must act as a proper leader.

"We have wasted too much time here. Let's hurry up and get going."

He said as he began marching toward their destination.